Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] – Agatha Vanguard – Longinus Set

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Denuvyer polycounter lvl 12
Ok, so this is my entry for the Chilvalry Contest.
As a main reference I want to make a set for the Agatha Vanguard, containing a spear resembling Longinus Spear from Evangelion, but adapting trying to make it more less fantastic, but I like the idea of two twisted blades on a lance. For the helm I'm based on the roman helm, with a more medieval aspect

Some of the references
XEVCTMi.jpg

Initial Sketch
wURG4fx.jpg

Replies

• Pariah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pariah polycounter lvl 4
    Possible fork skin? Looking forward to seeing more :)

Fork.png
  • jackalope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jackalope polycounter lvl 11
    I like your ideas. But currently I think your helmet looks too much like a knight's instead of a vanguard's. And that's one of the requirements, to have a recognizable class shape. Maybe keep the general ideas of the helmet but shift the silhouette to more closely match the vanguard's class.
    I really like that spear though, good luck with the competition.
  • Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Like jackalope stated, the helmet identifies as the knight. I think you could make some tweaks though to have it fit the Vanguard more. Have you referenced the different classes helmets? I found it really useful
  • Denuvyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You were totally right, gentlemen, The first sketch was too suited for the Knight class, thanks for pointing that :)
    So I made another aproach with the same idea, but trying to maintain a more vanguard style shapes. I think not it fits better the class requirement.

So, there's the new version, I'm not sure if I'll be puting the Gorgel (Protective part around neck) in this second design.
    9JL8vo4.jpg

@Pariah: I have in mind an Spear for now, the fork is a more short and fast weapon. I think a Longinus based weapon should be long and powerful blowing, fits more like a spear. But I don't know, I'll have it in mind when I go to the weapong design ;)
  • Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Better, I would say go without the gorgel. Maybe let it slope a bit more in the back like the roman legion helm.
  • Denuvyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I made a blocking, too see how it fits in 3D. Without gorgel for the moment, no plans on making it for now.
    DrPgR4O.jpg