Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Seeking Artists for Online Action-RPG

DMR
Heyo,

I have been planning and prototyping this idea the few months and I am just about ready to take it to the next level. It will be an online action-RPG with anime inspired characters set in a realistic environment. But right now its a bunch of packages from the Unity asset store glued together. If you're thinking "Oh man, not another MMORPG attempt by a no-name indie team" then I respectfully ask you to leave this thread with your cynicism. This is NOT planned to be an MMORPG. But the game will make clever use of instances (zones and channels) and though it is only planned to support a few hundred players per server, we'll build it to scale should the generated revenue allow us to support an MMO.

Untitled.png
Prototype 1 - The toon characters and the realistic environment will give off a FF7 feel. Low poly characters should also make it easier to support many characters on screen.

Some key features:
  • Action Combat - Either completely free action (like Dragon Nest) or clever use of soft-targeting (like Tera)
  • Up to16 playable classes and beyond - The player may choose freely between each class at will (inspired by Eden Eternal). I planned for up to 16 but there are no limits in sight.
  • PVP - 1v1 Duels, 1v1/2v2/3v3 Arena, 3v3/3v5/5v10/16v16 (any variation of 1-16 vs 1-16) GvG, as well as weekly/monthly/yearly tournaments & events
  • Guild specific questlines and events on an ever-changing guild board.
  • Player & Guild housing - Players can build or buy and furnish a house. Guild masters can choose from a variety of guild halls.
  • Engaging quests, huge immersive world to explore, cute anime-style characters, free-to-play (with cosmetic micro-transactions) and completely PLAY-to-WIN.
As you can see, this game isn't intended to be excessively innovative but the plan is to deliver unmatched user support & experience and just listen to the players and build a game they can enjoy for years to come. The underlying plan (and reason for anime characters) is to appeal to eastern markets (Korea & Japan) because that's where the money is at-- I mean for #diversity. No offense but westerners just don't spend much in online games.

Who I'm looking for:
Until now I have been developing the Prototype myself with heavy use of purchased assets. But I just added a head programmer & co founder to the team to help build the next Prototype. Now all we need is a Concept Artist, a 3D Character/Environment artist (we already have base characters), and an Animator. Together we'll form a team called Dreamboat, name the project, and build Prototype 2 to take to IndieGoGo in the next 3-4 months. This collaboration can last anywhere from 3 months to a lifetime, that all depends on you. This is a collaboration and I cannot pay you up front. Future payment is to be negotiated. In the end, everyone will win. I am looking for artists who are open minded & ambitious with a desire to succeed that borders insanity.

The game is being built with Unity 3D. The target platforms are PC, Mac, and Linux with a companion mobile app.

Who I am:
My name is Jack. I've been a hobbyist developer for 6 years, mostly experimental. I've worked primarily with online games in the past from http://www.zdaygame.com as a designer to http://www.sagramore.com as a content developer and a couple others. I have no completed or successful projects under my belt, this will be the first because I am directing this one. Why an ORPG for my first project? Because online games are my passion, period. I have around 9 years of experience in playing & testing MMO games. In fact my latest gen console is PlayStation 2.

I will be handling creative direction, production, and marketing for this project. Later on I may train someone to replace me on this project as I turn my attention to launching other online games within the company.

Title Menu (Concept)

Gameplay Video

Soundtrack (Concept)

That's about all the info I have time to post. For more information (there is a lot more) or access to the prototype just message me here or add me on skype: jdaniels0130 or just shoot me an email: dreamboat12@live.com