Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pyr's Daily Speed Blockout Thread

Replies

• ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    >either my perception just skyrockets (unlikely) or my sculpting is getting worse...

I can only speak for myself, but that's generally how it works for me. Perception leap-frogs ability, which leads to some frustration when things don't look the way you want, then ability catches up and perception leap frogs again. I think it's a pretty healthy sign of forward progress, but it is pretty frustrating.

Anyways, so the biggest thing right off the bat is that the proportion of the head to the body is really low. Head is 9 heads tall right now, normal human body is 7-8, it all depends on height.

Last, this concept does have a lot of perspective distortion, so that might be working again you.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I will try to do mask sculpting... Only been free-sculpting all this time <_<"

Focusing on the shoulders atm. Looking at my bicep as I sculpt this... Still looks weird, @_@ Oh, I did adjust the head-proportion, though.
    10468483_10152641493110115_9088267051518654957_o.jpg
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Hey PyrZern

Nice progress glad to see you tackling anatomy directly. Some crits. The head is too small. The collar bone is way to sharp and a bit too bendy. The deltoid should be a bit rounder and end higher up. The bicep looks pretty good to me though it does look a bit elongated. The boobs are really big and have too much shaping in the area close to the sternum ( I would flatten out the sternum area a bit). The rib cage isn't wide enough. Generally the ribcage will stick out farther to the side than the boob ( especially from a 3/4 view). The butt is sagging a bit low and is shaped wrong. I think the neck muscles are way to pronounced as well. Also it looks like you are curving the spine way too much from the side view and the legs should actually come forward from the side.

Here is a quick paintover to help out. Keep it up!

W5ntxQV.jpg
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks man ! Made lots of adjustments around and checked with a few other refs.
    Still not understanding how butt works.... <_<"
    I mean, they should be subject to gravity, just like bosoms since there's no underwear. Butt also is a tad lower than crotch. It's the transition from hips to butt that confuses me.

jpQGnf6.jpg
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtisticTiger polycounter lvl 5
    Keep going man!, seeing improvement with each one
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    PyrZern wrote: »
    Still not understanding how butt works.... <_<"
    I mean, they should be subject to gravity, just like bosoms since there's no underwear. Butt also is a tad lower than crotch. It's the transition from hips to butt that confuses me.

Well the butt should be treated like a muscle that is a sideways "u". There should be a slight dip in the sides of the butt ( unless there is a lot of fat over top). Also don't treat the butt at all like the boobs. Boobs are made up of mostly fat so that is why gravity affects them so much. The butt mostly muscle with a little bit of fat over top that smooths out the definition. Also I think you are exaggerating how much lower the butt hangs than the crotch.

Here is some anatomy ref and a very rough paintover ( Nice update btw):

m_2752004_anatomy.jpg

m_3915918_anatomy.jpg

x7lQj6X.jpg