Home Freelance Job Postings

Monster/enemy illustrations, flash strategy horror game (400$+)

These will be single stills/portraits of the enemies with backgrounds.

A realistic style is preferable. What would be best is if they are creepy/fear-inspiring, it's a horror game so I want to set a proper ambiance.

I'll be designing the monsters, describing them in words, and doing concept art to the best of my ability.

Below are the enemy types, subject to change (both appearance and types). As far as the freakier enemies I am taking some inspiration from the Resident Evil series.

1. Normal human zombie (perhaps several different images for this)

2. Typical brute-type monster but hopefully unique-looking. Massive arms and upper body with small head and legs, sorta like a steroid abuser/someone who skips leg day. Uses arms for locomotion, sorta like a gorilla.

3. Crawling type humanoid, sort of like a salamander, pasty skin (light blue?), distorted features.

4. Some sort of humanoid monster with a ranged attack, i.e. spikes or acid. Haven't formulated the appearance yet, really.

5. dog/hound monster (pack animal)

6. Flying insect swarm

7. Bird monsters

As far as the game, it is most inspired by the very popular flash games "Rebuild" 1 + 2, and the newly released Gangs of Deadville. However I am expanding greatly on the depth of the genre. i.e. actual range vs melee weapons, stealth, more than one enemy type, in-depth RPG character stats, tons more random events, and much more. The planned release date is 3-4 months from now, and I'm confident it will be successful. I am about 70% done coding and have already commissioned a character artist, map artist, and soundtrack musician. I posted this work offer on DeviantArt awhile ago, and was just about to pick someone from there, but someone in Kong Chat fortunately informed me of this forum :). My e-mail is levgree@yahoo.com, thanks for your time!

Replies