Home General Discussion

Recommend me a modelling app

Replies

• Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    Modo is almost 10 years old, hardly an upstart and that's not a bad thing. Besides the Carlyle group owns a majority stake of The Foundry, it doesn't get any more stodgy old guard than that. Hell even Autodesk is less morally repugnant than the Carlyle group.
  • dr grim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel wrote: »
    Modo is almost 10 years old, hardly an upstart and that's not a bad thing. Besides the Carlyle group owns a majority stake of The Foundry, it doesn't get any more stodgy old guard than that. Hell even Autodesk is less morally repugnant than the Carlyle group.

But modo is riding on Luxology's face so they think it's still Brad Peebler calling all the shots. It's why I said above I am cautious about modo, it won't be a happy ride forever.
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    I really want to pick up Modo. But when Modo has gone on sale in the past it was 40% off, which at the price point is huge! So I'm trying to hold on tight for the next sale.

Was it 40% off because of the near future release of 801? Think it will be 40% off again?
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Tobbo wrote: »
    I really want to pick up Modo. But when Modo has gone on sale in the past it was 40% off, which at the price point is huge! So I'm trying to hold on tight for the next sale.

Was it 40% off because of the near future release of 801? Think it will be 40% off again?

Yep, it should... at least if we go by their track record. There's a high chance there will be another big one around christmas time, again if we go by the past pattern of sales.
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    Aabel wrote: »
    Besides the Carlyle group owns a majority stake of The Foundry, it doesn't get any more stodgy old guard than that.

yikes. I think Carlyle is totally hands-off though.