Home Dota 2

KiBa's Workshop

Hey polycount folks!

"Want to learn the whole freaking pipeline for creating game related stuff in one sweep? Try Dota2 workshop!"

At least, that´s what I thought before I made the plan to create an itemset.

I want to go through the whole pipeline (concept -> modelling -> submission -> promo), learn as much as possible and extend my skillset. Hopefully I will have something I can include in my portfolio.

This will be my first big 3D project, so bare with me, as I will most certainly experience huge setbacks along the way.

My first itemset will feature Silencer. I like him.

Here´s my first concept focusing on his armor. Weapons and Shield will follow.

pres_1_zpse9a6695d.jpg

I hope I didn´t deviate from the Silencer "essence" all too much. Do you guys still recognise him?
I´m also pretty worried about the collar thingy. Don´t know if it will backfire because of animation or even tri count.

Thanks for reading!

Great to be here. Cheers,
KiBa

[IMG]http://www.polycount.com/forum/<a href=http://s686.photobucket.com/user/holymoly_art/media/pres_1_zpse9a6695d.jpg.html target=_blank>[/img]pres_1_zpse9a6695d.jpg

Replies

• SCATT PELGRUM!
    Heya,

Definitely preferring the design on the left, it maintains a nice contrast between the white padding and the usual Silencer purple. Or at the very least, if you do go with the "too stiff" one on the right, then maybe change the padding on the upper legs to a purple cloth too avoid too much white in the mid region, though that may make the bottom half too purple...

Loving the arm designs, and I think you've been pretty successful in maintaining that "Silencer" look. looking forward to the rest of it!
  • Todestomate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the armor! The whole head/shoulder part looks amazing.
    only feedback I would give is that the leg-side-guards (where the pattern is repeated) seems a bit weird. that kind of fabric would normally be used for padding the armor, so it seems weird placing a soft material in such an important (means very partial to stabbing) part. I would try out some real leg guards in the style of the shoulders, and you have one beefed up Silencer!
    I'll be looking forward to see you create this!