Freelance Jobs - Guidelines
This forum provides a place for paid freelance job postings. This means serious companies or individuals looking to hire artists for work on a contract basis.
We have a few simple guidelines to follow here to cut down on the clutter and keep this professional.
- This is for freelance/contract work only. On-site postings should be made in the Full/Part time onsite forum.
- No mods, or any other form of non-paid positions, including "pay when we're done" structure projects. If you can not offer industry standard pay, immediately on completion of the contract, you are not offering a contract/freelance job. If your project does not offer immediate pay, it belongs in the Royalties or Unpaid Work forum sections.
- Do not spam. Post your ad once. If you're looking for someone, and you have updated the position, then it is OK to update your thread to show that change. Feel free to refresh your thread with changes, but provide something in your post besides "Just a bump" or "Still looking!". Update the first post, and make a new reply to explain what has changed. The point of this rule is to discourage meaningless posts. Otherwise everyone is bumping their thread to get to the top, and each thread gets filled with posts which are an annoyance for everyone.
- Do not reply in a thread unless you have a relevant question which informs everyone, i.e. "What is the length of the contract?", "Do you require specific software?", etc. Don't ask questions which only apply to your situation. When contacting someone for work, if they provide an email address use that, otherwise use the Send Message link next to their post.
- Applicants should not post images from their portfolio, info selling themselves, or links to their portfolio in a company's thread. If you want to apply, email or Send Message them directly with a link to your portfolio. We ask applicants not to apply directly in a thread, because these posts make it more difficult for other applicants to find information about the job itself.
- Do not post just to say you have applied, i.e "Message sent!". This is an annoyance for the original poster (OP) and everyone else.
- Do not ask when you'll receive a response, or to state you haven't heard back, or ask if the job is still available. If you feel the need to do this, send a direct message. If the OP is still looking, they will post an update. Responding to each applicant is a time-consuming process, most OPs do not have the time for this. If you do not hear back, it is best to assume the OP is not interested in your submission.
- This is not a place to critique/comment on other people's work, these sort of responses need to be kept in Showcase & Critique. If you have a comment for someone, use Send Message.
- If you are a new user posting and do not see your thread, feel free to use Send Message to contact one of the moderators who will make sure it gets approved. We have an anti-spam filter in place to catch all the nonsense and viagra ads that somehow always seem to end up here. If you do not see your thread after posting, do not post multiple threads, just contact one of the moderators via Send Message.
- If you see someone breaking these guidelines, we encourage you to use the Flag > Report button. This sends a message to the moderators, who will look into the post and decide whether it needs moderation.
If you have any questions about this section feel free to ask in this thread.