Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Girl concept

Hello~

I'm pretty new to Polycount aaand I hope I'm posting in the right place. xD

I'd really appreciate constructive feedback while I'm progressing on this project!

I'll just be updating this thread with the concept sketches and versions of this girl character I'm designing.
She's meant to be an apothecary shop owner, mid to late 20s. I do have a small village in mind, but for now I'm just concentrating on this girl. I'm going for a child-like aesthetic.

Right now I'm getting her basic form down before I get into details. After that I'll sketch up her shop. After all that's done, I'll be modeling/sculpting her using Max and Zbrush.

I'll keep the top image on the first post as the most recent update.

version2_zpsfe73f3e0.pnghair2_zpse83e72ef.png

Version 1:
version1_zpsf9ca115b.png

Replies

• OFPismySOP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OFPismySOP polycounter lvl 6
    Looking good!

The cat seems like a cross between a Beanie Baby and the pit bull from the old Looney Tunes. I don't know what kind of esthetic you're going for with him but that was immediately what jumped to mind for me.
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    So cool ! She reminds me of Baby Bonnie Hood.

She looks cute but i'd say she looks like she is 15 to me.

BTW I like the second haircut. She looks older this way.
  • Kumobrush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kumobrush polycounter lvl 4
    This concept is super cute, I adore the design of the gloves!
    I really like the third haircut, it makes her look like a young woman still in the maturing stage while having not yet outgrown her childish nature

The cat's anatomy is a bit wonky however, I think it's because he lacks a proper chest in the front, and giving him a bit more of a belly would make him look more firm and ballanced. Unless this is a very precise esthetic you're going for :)