Home Technical Talk

hotkey for push modifier in xsi?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
wenglish polycounter lvl 10
hello, this is probably stupid, but i want to use a keyboard shortcut for Modify -> Deform -> Push in XSI, and i cannot find it in keyboard mapping.

anybody know how to do this? thanks

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I think those deforms can't be accessed in the Keymapping as they are actually mapped to special handler function in \Application\DSScripts\operators.vbs.

What you can do instead, is create a custom vbs script:
    varselpush = Application.ApplyOp("Push", "", 3, "siPersistentOperation", "", 0)
    Application.InspectObj varselpush

Drag that to the scripting toolbar, and make sure it has 'supports key assignment' checked.

Then you can find access the keymapping for that script under the 'Custom Script Commands' group.
  • wenglish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wenglish polycounter lvl 10
    Thank you! that is amazingly helpful. i imagine the same goes for the other modifiers? (smooth, relax, etc?)

again, thanks. i couldnt find that anywhere!
  • zbw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zbw
    cryrid said:
    I think those deforms can't be accessed in the Keymapping as they are actually mapped to special handler function in \Application\DSScripts\operators.vbs.

What you can do instead, is create a custom vbs script:
    varselpush = Application.ApplyOp("Push", "", 3, "siPersistentOperation", "", 0)
    Application.InspectObj varselpush

Drag that to the scripting toolbar, and make sure it has 'supports key assignment' checked.

Then you can find access the keymapping for that script under the 'Custom Script Commands' group.
    hotkey for apply thickness modifier in xsi?