And so here comes May. This month is also experimental triple concept. We will see how it goes
Ideally, the goal is to finish a character within the month, all the way to low-poly game engine ready.
Anyone and Everyone can participate.
We will start a new voting thread one week prior to the beginning of a new challenge where participants can decide on the next concept to work from.
[25-29th May is when we do concept art voting phrase for June, in its own new thread]
The goal of these challenges is to learn as much as possible, and to help others do the same. The rules were designed with this goal in mind, so here they are:
1. Try to leave at least one critique per post. It makes you a better artist if you have the ability to give constructive critiques. Just because you're working on a different concept piece, doesn't mean you can't give feedback to others.
2. Challenge yourself. Finish at least 1 piece. Nothing stops you from working on two or all three pieces, though.
3. Your final presentation should be posed and rendered in real-time.
4. Try your best to finish on time.
5. Post your work-in-progress in this thread.
6. Specify your own triangle count and texture size. Be reasonable and stick to your budget. Some suggestions are as follows:
Mobile: 2k Triangles, 512 Maps
Mid Res: 16k Triangles, 1024 Maps
High Res: 32k Triangles, 2048 Maps
7. Similar to #6, you may pick an art-style yourself. You are, after all, an artist too. | Realistic, Stylized, Cartoony, etc |
8. Learn as much as you can. Share what you've learned.
This month we have 3 concept pieces. Pick one, or two, or three.