Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Concept Voting for May 2014

Replies

• ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtisticTiger polycounter lvl 5
    stevston89 wrote: »
    First just because other people like concepts you don't doesn't mean their taste is bad.

Second you should do the challenges even if you don't like the concept. You won't really get a choice in a professional setting so it's worth getting used to.

Last people not finishing challenges has nothing to do with the concept and everything to do with the individuals motivation. You should be able to power through something that you aren't particularly interested in and make the best of it. That's how you have to work as a professional.

True and well said
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I am actually thinking about dual concept for this month as a test.
    The two-top voted pieces are very different after all. And they get roughly equal interest, not one-sided.
  • thepapercut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern wrote: »
    I am actually thinking about dual concept for this month as a test.
    The two-top voted pieces are very different after all. And they get roughly equal interest, not one-sided.

Interesting idea, I'd think it would work out well.
  • Leito
  • Jarvgrimr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarvgrimr polycounter lvl 10
    frog.jpg

tumblr_mqte2xxik21sv03akqk.jpg

ff1bc7fcbd22de3d0db6e54283a7fde2.jpg

My top 3. Keen to do something with more hard surfaces, last one was very organic. Not that the last image was bad, really dug it, but ran outta time in the month :(
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, I'm closing this now.

I'm contacting the artists and see how things go from there.
    Will let ya know.

Added: The Frogman is game. So I will include that in the Challenge.
    Gonna try dual concept and see if the Inferno or the Illusionist will be in as well.

Added: Just got the permission from the artist of Illusionist as well.
  • Leito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome. Can't wait to throw my hat into the ring.
  • Middnight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Middnight polycounter lvl 5
    nice pick guys
  • Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    I'm in for the frog. :D
  • thepapercut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been wanting to complete a female character piece, and I think the Illusionist could fill that void. That hat though is gonna give me some headaches I can tell just by looking at it.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AHAhaha, damn, now I got all three permission to use the concept arts, lol.

Can I ask everyone to share and spread the news of May Challenge so we have more body count for triple concept art ? This is gonna be so experimental it's gonna be fun!! I hope everyone will continue to give feedback to others even when we're not all working on the same pieces.
  • kay-vonlanthen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kay-vonlanthen polycounter lvl 7
    stevston89 wrote: »
    First just because other people like concepts you don't doesn't mean their taste is bad.

Second you should do the challenges even if you don't like the concept. You won't really get a choice in a professional setting so it's worth getting used to.

Last people not finishing challenges has nothing to do with the concept and everything to do with the individuals motivation. You should be able to power through something that you aren't particularly interested in and make the best of it. That's how you have to work as a professional.

please dont give me that. i know what i have to be. i know where i want to be later. this does not include anime or manga or other cute things. i feel u with the "u have to do things u dont like" thing. let me put it this way. do you know an anime movie or game that won tons of awards or being sold millions of times? i may rest my case
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    please dont give me that. i know what i have to be. i know where i want to be later. this does not include anime or manga or other cute things. i feel u with the "u have to do things u dont like" thing. let me put it this way. do you know an anime movie or game that won tons of awards or being sold millions of times? i may rest my case

Not all of the concepts proposed were anime or manga so there was definitely point in voting. Also Ni No Kuni was a major hit and it was completely "anime" styled and so is pokemon for that matter( and there are many more). Being able to stylized work is a plus no matter how you look at it. I was simply stating it's ridiculous to say other people don't have taste just because you don't like it. Also 3 concepts were picked and only one of them falls under the anime/ manga style.