Home Dota 2

Faceless Void Head piece

I was planning on making a Faceless Void head so I need info.
I saw items which using default mouth, I wanna know how do they do that? Do they just delete the upper faces and use the same UV or do they create a mouth of their own.

Replies

• Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    You can modify his head whatever you like, however you need to have there geometry that Valve later will be able to animate so he will move his mouth while speaking. Ofc ideal way is to leave the mouth area as close as possible to his original mouth however that can be hard to do as default mouth area is around 500tris and his LOD0 is 700tri. So you can limit default mouth or make your own. As for the LOD1 I am certain that you can collapse mouth because ingame mesh don't have mouth animation as far as I know... however I am not sure with this last one.

One more thing. Questions like this can be easily asked in general thread that would give you answer faster I think :)

However we should really make here on board technical thread just for Q&A
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx Konras, really appreciate it.
    Maybe I can try to keep the mouth with lowering its tris, I hope I dont get much trouble. And I should have post it on general thread. And I agree you about Q&A section.