Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Trading Card game Artwork

Replies

• ducckz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ducckz polycounter lvl 6
    so i was wondering are you guys finishing a division before you go to the next one or will you hop to other divsions soon?
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    love the art-style! gonna keep an eye on this thread :)
  • ripper351
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ripper351 polycounter lvl 5
    I love the art work. Just a note, customize was spelled wrong on your "customise your character" page.
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ducckz wrote: »
    so i was wondering are you guys finishing a division before you go to the next one or will you hop to other divsions soon?

Hi ducckz! We plan to showcase the other divisions after 2 more Aeterna card reveals. In total we plan on showing 4 cards from each division. Stay posted, Ixion will be shown next. We've gone for cool nature-esque blue tones, mixed with the Eminence colour palette. :]
    ae. wrote: »
    love the art-style! gonna keep an eye on this thread :)

Thank you ae, we really appreciate your support!
    ripper351 wrote: »
    I love the art work. Just a note, customize was spelled wrong on your "customise your character" page.

Hello ripper, appreciate the compliments and welcome to the thread! We are from England, so the way us dastardly brits spell customise is different, and is spelt how it is. Apologies for any confusion.
  • Darkoxen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darkoxen polycounter lvl 4
    Wow nice Just like the style
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    Just love the style, beautiful work again
  • ripper351
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ripper351 polycounter lvl 5
    Hello ripper, appreciate the compliments and welcome to the thread! We are from England, so the way us dastardly brits spell customise is different, and is spelt how it is. Apologies for any confusion.

My whole life is a lie...
  • Pegbird
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pegbird polycounter lvl 5
    Very unique style. Congrats!
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darkoxen wrote: »
    Wow nice Just like the style
    Thank you very much kind sir!

Kel-Shaded wrote: »
    Just love the style, beautiful work again
    We are delighted that you like our art style. :thumbup:
    ripper351 wrote: »
    My whole life is a lie...
    :D!!
    Pegbird wrote: »
    Very unique style. Congrats!
    That means a lot, much appreciated.

In other news we have released our third Aeterna division card. Introducing Maximus - Ruthless Lux. (Card on the far right)

f0sVB39.jpg

maximus-final.png
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odin, the ancient kaiser will be finished and ready to showcase this thursday!

I will also start posting the next division card sets throughout this month. Appreciate all the support thus far. :)
    M9s2nTk.png

Any feedback welcome!
  • ducckz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ducckz polycounter lvl 6
    amazing like always :)
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Introducing Odin - "The Ancient Kaiser" and our first playable Guardian card. Feedback / Comments always welcome!

odin.png
    Odin Trailer
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F788Sa3iVFk"]Odin - The Ancient Kaiser[/ame]
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Aeterna Division have been fully revealed. Next week, we unlock the Ixion Division! Any feedback / comments welcome.
    eminence_card_reveal_by_shoelesspeacock-d789adz.jpg
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    I honestly did not read anything aside from whats on the site. and I think this is gorgeous. but, am I right in assuming this is supposed to be an mmorpg card game? cause that sounds pretty awesome.
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge wrote: »
    I honestly did not read anything aside from whats on the site. and I think this is gorgeous. but, am I right in assuming this is supposed to be an mmorpg card game? cause that sounds pretty awesome.

Hi Luge and welcome to the thread!

Indeed, this will be both a TCG & MMORPG.

Here is a breakdown of what the game will feature:
    ljvNqEO.jpg

k9EbDJW.jpg
  • ducckz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ducckz polycounter lvl 6
    iam getting proper excited for this game!
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    agreed. I'm loving the art, and I absolutely love the idea. I wish you the best of luck and I'll keep popping in to see this art ^_^
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam getting proper excited for this game!

:) :thumbup:
    agreed. I'm loving the art, and I absolutely love the idea. I wish you the best of luck and I'll keep popping in to see this art ^_^

Thank you again luge, really appreciate the support!

In other news, we will showcase the different ways you can customise your avatars throughout the forthcoming weeks. All avatars will be fully customisable including eyes, nose, hair, mouth and accessories. Here is a mockup of the Aeterna armour progression:
    10155142_306986069452490_1263122906_n.png

1939876_306985869452510_2019178916_n.png
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    they're awesome and adorable :D

Although, I am curious, whats with the drastic change in style between the cards and characters?
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    they're awesome and adorable :D

Although, I am curious, whats with the drastic change in style between the cards and characters?

The characters will tie in with the cards through their respective colour scheme and attires. The look of your avatar is totally dependant on you as a player. Facial features and accessories can be edited through a variety of palettes to choose from.

The virtual world will also help tie in the aesthetics of the card designs and overall theme of the game. Do you feel that the avatars do not match so far with the Eminence branding?
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    i dunno, i mean... they feel right in their own respective ways and styles. but it feels kind of off with with the cards having a marsh harsh realistic vector feel, and yet the characters have a very stylized look to them. It makes sense though when you look at card games irl that have a different look and feel to them in comparison to how life is. it just feels off putting. but looking at it as an avatar i think it works.

as i said, just feels a bit off putting. but thats just me. still love it either way :D

Edit:
    I guess the way to think of it, if you are roaming around as the avatar and you perform quests like that in the sense of a standard rpg, then its extremely off putting, looks cool but it can possibly break the emersion, unless of course when you play the card game aspect, the style of whats going on matches the outside and the cards are viewed as their own thing.

Edit - Edit:

The best example I can give about what I mean, is in the yu-gi-oh games... The art on the cards and the way the cards look, is radically different from the world around them, but the reason it works is you end up viewing the cards as quintessentially, their own world. so the cards themselves have a different look, but the world and the characters have the same styl.
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i dunno, i mean... they feel right in their own respective ways and styles. but it feels kind of off with with the cards having a marsh harsh realistic vector feel, and yet the characters have a very stylized look to them. It makes sense though when you look at card games irl that have a different look and feel to them in comparison to how life is. it just feels off putting. but looking at it as an avatar i think it works.

as i said, just feels a bit off putting. but thats just me. still love it either way :D

Hello again luge!

Thank you for your feedback. Once we reveal gameplay footage and showcase the battle sceens it will make more sense. We have created the avatars to fit around our virtual world, as well as the battle modes where the cards will be used to clash head to head with opponents.

We have been working on crafting the look of the armour for each card division to reflect upon the Eminence branding.

Edit:
    I guess the way to think of it, if you are roaming around as the avatar and you perform quests like that in the sense of a standard rpg, then its extremely off putting, looks cool but it can possibly break the emersion, unless of course when you play the card game aspect, the style of whats going on matches the outside and the cards are viewed as their own thing.

Edit - Edit:

The best example I can give about what I mean, is in the yu-gi-oh games... The art on the cards and the way the cards look, is radically different from the world around them, but the reason it works is you end up viewing the cards as quintessentially, their own world. so the cards themselves have a different look, but the world and the characters have the same styl.

Yes exactly, this is what we want to achieve. The cards will be viewed as their own entity but still tie in within the world of Eminence as you roam freely in a virtual world with your avatar, embarking on quests, deck collecting and challenging players to card duels. The stylistic elements of both the world and avatars will be one, when players engage into battle they enter a fight sequence that resembles the look of the card designs .. All in all it will work seamlessly with everything - We will post updates throughout the week, stay posted! :)
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    ok, that makes sense, can't wait to see what the battle screens and such look like. with the way it seems right now though, without seeing how it ties together. it would honestly look like its from two different games, or a game with an identity crisis.
  • Fenyce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    Omg. I love those Avatars! They are awesome. Nice style and such beautiful colors! <3
    Beside that I'm curious, too... can't wait for some footage that give you a better feeling of what the world will look like all in all. Since the banner art is pretty realistic, too, just like those card artworks and now those pretty stylized characters...
    I'm looking forward for more.
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce wrote: »
    Omg. I love those Avatars! They are awesome. Nice style and such beautiful colors! <3
    Beside that I'm curious, too... can't wait for some footage that give you a better feeling of what the world will look like all in all. Since the banner art is pretty realistic, too, just like those card artworks and now those pretty stylized characters...
    I'm looking forward for more.

We will reveal more and more content throughout the forthcoming weeks. Thanks again for your support Fenyce, it means the world to us!
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4LbScg.png

We are happy to introduce the next division.. Ixion - Warrios of the Sacred.

Our first card reveal will be showcased next week. Feedback / Comments always welcome!
  • EminenceLux
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Introducing Indra - The Divine Sage and first playable card of the Ixion Division. Looking forward to any feedback/comments.

indra-bio.png
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the continued support, we will be releasing more content throughout the weeks.
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Introducing Lucille - Virtuous Maiden and second playable card of the Ixion Division.

Lucille-Bio.png
  • Solye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's going to be something like Final Fantasy 8 card game?
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Solye wrote: »
    It's going to be something like Final Fantasy 8 card game?

Hello Solye, yes the game mechanics will be similar to that of Triple Triad - With the addition of our own set of unique rules and game modes.
  • Solye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cards are amazing anyway. Can't wait to try it someday ;)
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    i just noticed that... except i didn't play ff8, I noticed it now from Evoland, they had the reference in there with a small card game. still loving the card art.
  • ducckz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ducckz polycounter lvl 6
    loving the colors!
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Solye wrote: »
    Cards are amazing anyway. Can't wait to try it someday ;)

Thank you Solye! :)
    i just noticed that... except i didn't play ff8, I noticed it now from Evoland, they had the reference in there with a small card game. still loving the card art.

Hello again luge! There's quite a few games out there which have used Triple Triad as their source of inspiration. What makes us different is the game mechanics we plan on introducing on top of what's currently implemented, including expansive game modes and rules. Thanks again for your support.
    loving the colors!

Glad you like 'em! :D!! :thumbup:
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We're almost half way through our contest, for those who are interested it's not too late to enter!

10167987_309355735882190_749851534_n.png
  • ducckz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ducckz polycounter lvl 6
    sorry to ask here but couldnt find a help button on your site , but when i sign up i dont receive the email to active? ( yes i checked junk :P)
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry to ask here but couldnt find a help button on your site , but when i sign up i dont receive the email to active? ( yes i checked junk :P)

When you register you should get an email sent with a password. No need for activation. If you need to retrieve your password just click the forgot your password link in the login area and a new one will be emailed to you. Sign up Retrieval
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Introducing Shurikan - Blades of Enlightenment. For more info, visit: http://buff.ly/1itC7Lc

bio.png
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    god damn they are so good. keep them coming ^_^
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    god damn they are so good. keep them coming ^_^

luge, your support is always appreciated. Glad you like 'em. :)

We're revealing Ixions guardian card next week - Exciting stuff!
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ixion cards showcased so far! Our guardian card Qinglong will be revealed this thursday! Feedback / Comments always welcome.

10014808_315266231957807_8035204089423390367_o.png
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For those who are interested, our contest is still up. We're offering $25 / £25 in App Store / Googleplay vouchers. More details can be found on our site!
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Introducing Qinglong - Guardian of Judgement and the final card of the Ixion Division.

10314754_317717848379312_8144754365729255784_n.png

7eMk2Iw.png
  • killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
    that map is the cake under the cherry.
  • ZFerguson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are freakin sick man. Love em!
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc wrote: »
    that map is the cake under the cherry.

killnpc, thank you for the compliments! We had great fun designing the world map.
    ZFerguson wrote: »
    These are freakin sick man. Love em!

Appreciate it ZFerguson, welcome to the Eminence thread! :)
  • SUPAVISI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SUPAVISI polycounter lvl 7
    This style is dope, can't wait to see more. Keep it up!
  • EminenceLux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SUPAVISI wrote: »
    This style is dope, can't wait to see more. Keep it up!

Cheers SUPAVISI! We appreciate your support. :)