Home General Discussion

What do you lot think of Modo?

Replies

• unit187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    unit187 polycounter lvl 9
    WarrenM wrote: »
    Haha, clearly everyone is different. I hated it intensely and everyone I introduce to Modo immediately asks how to fix the viewport rotation. :P

EDIT: Although I just tried it now after reading your description above and it seems a lot more tolerable ... I might experiment with leaving it on and see how it feels.

Agree, there is something cool in this trackball. Not sure if it worth adjusting to because I personally also use maya. And it will be hard to switch between so different viewport control modes.

Though I just tried modo using tablet and now my eyes are sparkling with joy. Probably should try to use trackball with pen too... decisions, decisions.

edit: by the way, does anyone else struggle with font and sometimes wireframe size? I have 27 inch display and they are sooo small, very hard to read without leaning forward.
  • genwu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    genwu polycounter lvl 7
    I've loved modo since I bought it right when 601 came out. It does rely heavily on the amazing scripts that have already been mentioned in here. I find myself doing more and more work in modo, then just bringing into maya for final touchup/ engine export (cryengine.)

One of the biggest things that irks me though (among other things) is the nonexistence of lattice deformers...You can deform somewhat using their wide range of falloffs. But I haven't come across anything similar to a lattice deformer from maya/max. Anybody have any insight into achieving similar results?
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    unit187 wrote: »
    edit: by the way, does anyone else struggle with font and sometimes wireframe size? I have 27 inch display and they are sooo small, very hard to read without leaning forward.
    Press O to open the viewport settings. One tab will have the option for wireframe opacity. Default is 10%.

@FBX problems:

I haven't tried modo to ue4 but I haven't had any problems with modo fbx to toolbag 2. You could temporarily use the autodesk FBX converter (standalone program) to see if that fixes your fbx files from modo without having to send your file to max/maya.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    I already tried. And the issue presist. At this point I'm pretty sure I narrowed the problem.
    The problem is that exporter seem to be breaking edgess/turning them, whatever. And I can't disable this option.

The issue with woncverter is, that it lack any options to set for converting.
  • unit187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    unit187 polycounter lvl 9
    Bek wrote: »
    Press O to open the viewport settings. One tab will have the option for wireframe opacity. Default is 10%.
    Yeh, I already did, but it still very thin. The same as font - very thin and small. I googled, the developers say it is hardcoded and there is no way to change it. I probably will end up reducing my screen resolution a bit, though it is weird move.