Home General Discussion

where do i buy an old version of photoshop cs

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
BI0H0G polycounter lvl 9
Where do i buy an old version of phothoshop cheap i did try ebay but i dont now if i can trust it and amazon has the old version on a high price than the new one. so any one tell me a good site for me to get an old version of phothosho i dont want to pay a subscription i want to own it.

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    how old? you can get the whole CS2 for free basically, from adobe
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Neox wrote: »
    how old? you can get the whole CS2 for free basically, from adobe

I thought that was a mistake from Adobe?
  • joebount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joebount polycounter lvl 12
    For free?? Care to elaborate Stefan ? :D
  • theironpaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theironpaw polycounter lvl 7
    It's not free. however you can jump onto adobe cloud. and pay $15 - $20ish a month as a teacher or a student and get the whole adobe package.

just remember its not commercial licence.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.edu.html
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    You can also get just photoshop from the creative cloud for $20 for a full commercial license. Commercial software is in such a weird place due to legal issues reselling what application developers consider licensed software. I think you have to be an official partner to sell photoshop as a business and Adobe and Autodesk do not allow companies to sell old versions of software, because they feel like they will lose money on new sales, I could be wrong about that though. Stores like Bestbuy might have some really old software still in their instore shelves.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    If you see someone selling an old version of PS or selling new version a lot cheaper than usual there's a 99% chance that it's no more legal than torrented photoshop.

As retarded as it sounds, it's pretty much impossible to get an old version legally.
    So people who prefer to work on older PS or 3ds Max are screwed unless they already bought them a long time ago.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    Blaisoid wrote: »
    If you see someone selling an old version of PS or selling new version a lot cheaper than usual there's a 99% chance that it's no more legal than torrented photoshop.

As retarded as it sounds, it's pretty much impossible to get an old version legally.
    So people who prefer to work on older PS or 3ds Max are screwed unless they already bought them a long time ago.

If you live in US that might be the case. In EU you can resell any software you wish.

In any case I would not use cloud version of Photoshop even if that was free. I must have my software on my hard drive, and that will work consistently without internet.

If not for the fact that nDO needs photoshop, to woek, I would just throw the entire shit out of window, honestly..

What is even more weird in the entire situation, is the fact that I need nDO mainly for generating AO maps from normal 0_o
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In EU you can resell any software you wish.

resell, as in transfer the license and all that stuff?
    I did look for used old PS versions some time ago on local ebay equivalent and didn't find anything that looked legit.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    Blaisoid wrote: »
    resell, as in transfer the license and all that stuff?
    I did look for used old PS versions some time ago on local ebay equivalent and didn't find anything that looked legit.

Yes. IDK about ebay I never really checked, I just know you can resell any software in EU, assuming you have bought it first. There was afair big case on when Oracle, tried to prevent reselling it's software, and they loose it. Rulling was if you own license, you can do whatever you want with it, withing legal limits of EU.

In EU local law is always above EULA.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adobe offers CS2 for free, but it's legal only if you already bought Photoshop in the past. CS2 does not work with nDo2 however, the CS2 scripting engine is too old.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ I recall that it works with ndo1 though.
    Yes. IDK about ebay I never really checked, I just know you can resell any software in EU, assuming you have bought it first. There was afair big case on when Oracle, tried to prevent reselling it's software, and they loose it. Rulling was if you own license, you can do whatever you want with it, withing legal limits of EU.

In EU local law is always above EULA.

Nice, that's good to know.
  • BI0H0G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BI0H0G polycounter lvl 9
    yea that's the case for me i have ndo2 and i want to use it but do you guys think is worth it to get the subscription i mean is it better to get a full version. I have a part time job so i can pay the monthly subscription but i don't own the license i'm just renting it if i lose my part time job that means no more photoshop for me and to top it off my internet is not that reliable so i do i pay the full price or the subscription the only thing i can do is buy the student but i can,t use it for commercial works latter one.
  • Higuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Higuy polycounter lvl 9
    You can still find some legit versions of Cs6 with keys that haven't been used on eBay. Even my local Office Depot had a couple copys still just a month ago. Dunno about other versions or how legal that all is, but they are there.

I personally find the whole creative cloud thing kinda silly however - you get all the other software, but what if all you need is just Photoshop? Are you now paying for software you wont ever use? By the time you pay for a whole year your already paying more than half(this is without the student discount) of what it would cost just to buy the program anyway it seems. What is nice about it though is you do get all the newest features and all the programs... but like I said, what if you just need one program? They don't even give you an option for that or to just buy it straight.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Higuy wrote: »
    what if you just need one program? They don't even give you an option for that or to just buy it straight.

Yes they do:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

You can buy any of the programs individually as downloads. The only thing that's changed to my knowledge is they are no longer making retail (physical) copies - the ones on the store shelves now are the last ones, and they have the CC subscription you can do if you don't want to buy a download.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Adobe offers CS2 for free, but it's legal only if you already bought Photoshop in the past. CS2 does not work with nDo2 however, the CS2 scripting engine is too old.

I believe it's even stricter, it's legal for people that own a CS2 license. I guess you could be fine downloading it as an individual but do not use it in a studio if you don't have any documentation showing you own a CS2 license , Adobe belongs to a software group that is very aggressive with lawsuits.
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Just get Photoshop CC for the monthly subscription. It's really cheap when compared to the cost of Photoshop if you buy it outright. Plus updates for the CC come hot and heavy. Just last month they gave Photoshop CC users the ability to keep your images as live links in Photoshop, so no more constant reloading images and better file size management.

Just update the source image, say your diffuse bake, and presto chango updated in Photoshop before you can say, "Son of a bitch I've been wanting this for years."
  • BI0H0G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BI0H0G polycounter lvl 9
    so i guess is better to get the subscription model and latter buy cs6 when i start getting an income? or do i stick whit the subscription.
  • Higuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Higuy polycounter lvl 9
    Two Listen wrote: »
    Yes they do:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

You can buy any of the programs individually as downloads. The only thing that's changed to my knowledge is they are no longer making retail (physical) copies - the ones on the store shelves now are the last ones, and they have the CC subscription you can do if you don't want to buy a download.

Did not know this, you are a good human, thank you
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I believe it's even stricter, it's legal for people that own a CS2 license. I guess you could be fine downloading it as an individual but do not use it in a studio if you don't have any documentation showing you own a CS2 license , Adobe belongs to a software group that is very aggressive with lawsuits.
    I just signed in to check this and it's true.

SjUZh1s.png

I could have sworn they gave out free keys some time ago though.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    NegevPro wrote: »
    I just signed in to check this and it's true.

SjUZh1s.png

I could have sworn they gave out free keys some time ago though.

Yeah i remember the first news about it and the mistake they made and all that legal jazz coming with it. but i could also swear just a few months ago later last year i read this news again without these requirements.