Home Unreal Engine

Kismet - Draw Image - Need help!

Hi guys!

New to the forums and I have a question I'm hoping you can help me with. So far, I've managed to draw an image to the screen, as seen in the Kismet image:

f3jamwp

I've started here as I think it's the right direction. I clearly don't want the image drawn to the screen constantly, but instead want the player to trigger the image to the screen, as seen in games like Gone Home. An image is posted below of the placement of the trigger as I would like the player to approach the diary on the table, press 'E' and the the texture of the diary page is drawn to the screen. How would I go about doing this?

nqwjfrp

Hope you guys can help! :)

Replies

• Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    The pictures don't show up in post, but I can see them if I open in new window.

So if you have this event always firing, you can use a Toggle and simply turn off and on the event through the Event output of the Toggle node.

So your trigger should hook up to the Toggle node via Touched > ON, Untouched > OFF. And your Toggle node should plug it's Event output into to the top of the Draw Image Event node.

Be sure the trigger is set to 0 in looping so it can always operate (prevent the image from staying on screen after trigger). Unless you only want it to appear once, then I think you want it to loop twice, one for the touch and the second for the untouch (unless touch and untouch is a complete loop, udk can be finicky).
  • powney91
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for replying!

I tried your suggestion, and what I got is in the image attached, but I had no luck! The image is just drawn to the screen straight away before I get to the trigger, and it having no effect on the image.
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    Sorry for not stating this earlier, you need to start that event off. So Hook up a level loaded event and plug it into the Off of the Toggle node.
  • powney91
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for being a pain, not sure what's happening here! :/ The level loaded event doesn't seem to affect anything, as the image is still starting up at the beginning.