Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Plagued - A Medieval Zombie Apocalypse

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
mhofever polycounter lvl 9
Hi there, I'm a new member on PolyCount. I've recently graduated as an Envrionment Artist in Masters and while I'm currently looking for work, I've started penning down ideas for a new level project.

I wanted to present my Masters project that was created in the UDK Level. It was the first individual game level project that I tackled as I previously worked on UDK levels with groups.

Plagued - A Medieval Zombie Apocalpyse

Summary

So there have been a lot of zombie concepts based around the modern period where survivors find guns, kill zombies and profit. I noticed the lack of medieval era concepts for the genre and felt that trying to create an environment based around the idea was a worthy objective to tackle. Sure, you have zombies in medieval-era games but they aren't the focus of the game.

Critique and feedback are welcome.

Higher quality gallery : http://mathewjimthomasho.wix.com/portfolio#!udk/c1yr3

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_5.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_7.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_6.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_12.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_11.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_13.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_8.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_14.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_9.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_2.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_4.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_1.jpg

MEDTOWNZOMBIE_Screenshot_3.jpg

Replies

• CarlK3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
    Looks cool, I assume your using a UDK Post Effect for the Out Line rendering?
    my only problem with the out line render is some objects look strange such as the wheel & Spikes. It looks like AO so its strange to see it in the Air. It might be worth just painting AO into your textures. Depends on your desired style
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Not sure if SSAO or outlines ^^. Looks good, but as Carl said, some objects are strange because they are not outlined...
  • mhofever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mhofever polycounter lvl 9
    CarlK3D wrote: »
    Looks cool, I assume your using a UDK Post Effect for the Out Line rendering?
    my only problem with the out line render is some objects look strange such as the wheel & Spikes. It looks like AO so its strange to see it in the Air. It might be worth just painting AO into your textures. Depends on your desired style

Yea it was a post process effect, originally i wasnt going to put it in till the last minute, wanted to have something similar to the cell-shaded effect but as you said, some models arent getting the outline. Ive managed to figure out how to properly render AO in UDK now, so im gonna go back and remove that post pro effect and post back results of the new render.