Home Adobe Substance

Substance Designer - Master Thread

Replies

• deginizritli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deginizritli polycounter lvl 5
    Hello all!
    I just finished up Carpet Material Generator with built-in color and patterns.
    100% made with Substance Designer.

Artstation post :  https://www.artstation.com/artwork/48wZZ1

• deginizritli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deginizritli polycounter lvl 5
    Hello again! 
    I finished up a node called Advance Path Splatter where you can plug your grayscale and splatter along the path that you can create with 10 points and optional cubic bezier control points for each point. Any feedback for comments are appreciated. 

• StereoVinny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StereoVinny polycounter lvl 9

Hey everyone, really awesome stuff in this thread !

I recently updated my Signed Distance Fields nodes with a bunch of various fixes and improvements.

https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/PWbW0/substance-designer-signed-distance-fields-vol-1

I also just released an additional 20 SDF nodes here :

https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/ojWxD/substance-designer-signed-distance-fields-vol-2

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter

nice - I've made that as well

how are you managing the relative offsets of each combine when you start chaining stuff together? I found that to be quite fiddly as values could easily start to get well outside friendly ranges

• StereoVinny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StereoVinny polycounter lvl 9

Hey poopipe, I'm not sure I understand your question... I don't have any issues combining multiple SDF nodes together, as long as the distance fields are not scaled they will work together no problem.

Do you have an example of what you are talking about ?

• Frank Horrigan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank Horrigan polycounter lvl 9

Hi, guys! Help me, please. Whats the best way to mask this areas and colrize it?

• Daniel_Swing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daniel_Swing ngon master

I would try something like this:

and then isolate each gray-scale value with a histogram select or something.

• Shuenny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shuenny polycounter lvl 2

tile sampler colour layering info idea solution

hi guys, long time ago i read a interview on 80lv (sry i cnt find bck the blog) and the artist gives me an idea on using tile sampler colour to splatter the height so it doesnt blend with layers but downside was the height info is inaccurate if is jz a tile sampler colour.. and i found a way to fix that problem. this workflow solve 2 problems

1. tile sampler colour layering is different from tile sampler grayscale height layering (when u colour random for the grayscale)

2. if i use tile sampler colour for height grayscale the luminance random makes the height layer incorrectly

so my solution idea is create one more tile sampler with pattern masking and colour random it connects to pattern distribution (colour) n colour map input (grayscale)

hope it helps

cheers

• Madeira3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Madeira3d polycounter lvl 7

Hi, how would you go about this shape? My main issue is how to best separate each area 3 horizontal slices and 1 vertical slice (two splits but they will be the same mask/color). I´m sending the sbs file in case it helps. Thank you.

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I'm guessing you're using the cropping area property on the blend nodes for your masking. Instead I'd suggest you simply create a shape for each area and use that for all your masking / mask generation. you can tie all the numbers together using graph inputs/input values/value processors to make it simpler to work with

the clever way is to use out of range (>1) values as a way of encoding bit-masks into the images but you need to know your way round a pixel processor first.

• MasterWorks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Anyone know how to make substance painter go fullscreen and not have the window's toolbar on the bottom? I can't find out how online or in the doc.

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

autohide your taskbar, turn off some of the window elements in painter and press tab

• MasterWorks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Ok. I was hoping I could just resize things in painter like blender. But it truly doesn't seem possible unless I go into the systems folder.

• keiner67
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys, I hope this is the right thread to post to. Why this happens to my AO in SD? What are those weird lines?
  • cgvinny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cgvinny polycounter lvl 9
    Hey @keiner67, did you tried to diminish the scale? seems quite huge to be.
  • Daniel_Swing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daniel_Swing ngon master
    The height input is compressed to L8, try setting it to L16

• cgvinny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there, I recently published a video introduction to the Pixel Processor node : https://youtube.com/live/5s1p7etqlUw?feature=share

Hope it helps. 
  • MrDixioner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrDixioner polycounter lvl 3
    Hi all! How to make a pattern like this?

As you can see, each shape must be rotated randomly by an angle that is a multiple of 60 degrees, but this cannot be done in any node. It would be possible (most likely) to do this using FX-map or Pixel Processor, but I hardly know them. Please tell me how to solve this problem.
    Or make 6 identical shapes with a rotation angle of 60 degrees and then send them to the Tile Generator.

• cgvinny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all! How to make a pattern like this?

As you can see, each shape must be rotated randomly by an angle that is a multiple of 60 degrees, but this cannot be done in any node. It would be possible (most likely) to do this using FX-map or Pixel Processor, but I hardly know them. Please tell me how to solve this problem.
    Or make 6 identical shapes with a rotation angle of 60 degrees and then send them to the Tile Generator.

Hey you can create the single patten and make the rotation before to plug it in the tile sampler (just set the pattern inputs to 6)
    I found a hacky way as well bu this is nor perfect:

• MrDixioner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrDixioner polycounter lvl 3
    cgvinny said:
    Hey you can create the single patten and make the rotation before to plug it in the tile sampler (just set the pattern inputs to 6)
    I found a hacky way as well bu this is nor perfect:
    This is an interesting method!!! But yes, it is not ideal in the sense that it is difficult to select the values that are needed, i.e. it depends heavily on chance.

So, we have two problems:
    1. This is a random rotation of each figure by an angle that is a multiple of 60 degrees.
    2. In fact, we do not have 6 different figures, but 12 :) This is because in each figure there is a small and a large part of different colors: in one figure a small part is brown, a large part is gray. And in the other figure it’s the other way around. Therefore we get 12.

I'll show you how I solved it, but I don't know much about the program, so my graph is just terrible :)

This is the creation of the main shape + a randomness mask, which I will talk about next.

Next I create a color for each shape:

Next, I pass these two shapes through two Tile Generator nodes and combine them using a randomness mask:

There is probably a more elegant and accurate way to rotate shapes 60 degrees without using tile generators or scattering colors across tiles, but I don't know how to do it yet.