Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gear of wars fan art - Marmoset toolbag 2 test

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
a.manzani polycounter lvl 6
Hy guys,
I've done some quick render with the new Marmoset toolbag 2.
What do you think about ?

front_forum.jpg

Front_2_forum.jpg

Back_forum.jpg

Replies

• Stinkfoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    The armour looks great, but the belly feels a bit off and it looks like there's a bit of mirroring in there? in the second pic it looks like he has a pink triangle on his belly because of it. (prob due to the lighting.) correct me if i'm wrong, then I clearly need an eye exam ;)
  • a.manzani
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a.manzani polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah, there were some problems with the belly's geometry, I've fixed them.
    About the skin what do you think ?

front_forum.jpg

Front_2_forum.jpg
  • HomeGrownHeroz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HomeGrownHeroz polycounter lvl 6
    I think the model looks great. The head and face look slightly off from a locust character though. Not sure how close you were basing your model on them though?
  • Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    I think this is a really cool concept!, but it doesn't feel like gears of war, the bottom kinda feels like COG armor, and if thats the case i feel it should be more worn, especially if the armor is scavenged or if this former COG solder has been turned into a locust

The top armor i feel is to clean and neat, it needs to be dirty and grungie and darker also i think there needs to be more glowy bits :D

But this is a great start, i love gears of war and really excited to see you doing this :D
  • Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    I think this is a really cool concept!, but it doesn't feel like gears of war, the bottom kinda feels like COG armor, and if thats the case i feel it should be more worn, especially if the armor is scavenged or if this former COG solder has been turned into a locust

The top armor i feel is to clean and neat, it needs to be dirty and grungie and darker also i think there needs to be more glowy bits :D

But this is a great start, i love gears of war and really excited to see you doing this :D