Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK: Modular Scene

Hi guys, I have recently been working on a modular environment for a 3D Isometric level. I' am fairly new to modular environments, so forgive me if there are mistakes. However any feedback/critiques are welcome, as it will help me to get alot better. Anyway here's my scene in the Day/Night enjoy!

Final_Scene_Presentation_zps8b5c3146.jpg

Heres the technical details:

Final_Technical_Document_zpsb263d256.jpg

Heres some clearer samples, didn't know how much polycount resizes images sorry.

A4_Final_Pesentation_Page2_zps1037e630.jpg

A4_Final_Pesentation_Page1_zps835786c3.jpg

Replies

• Memory
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    Hey there. Can you tell us what you'll be using this for and maybe what you want specific critiques on?

You say it's for a 3D Isometric level but your shots are more overview shots.
  • CRatcliffe
    Hi memory,

Well at the moment it is for University, we were told to create a modular environment that is game ready. We were unfortunatly limited by having a maximum of 15,000 tris and a maximum of 3 room. However I would like to continue the level development during chrismas as we finish uni this week. Hopefully I'll end up with a fully functunal level, well thats the goal anyway!

The feedback I'm looking for could be anything you can think of really. But examples could be;
    Lighting,
    Texture quility,
    How the scene could have possibly been more modular,
    Maybe how I can possibly set the scene more, as this is based in a sort of Japanese Dojo,
    Even links to good online tutorials for UDK could be good to :)

Thanks,

[Edit]
    And yes the images are more overview at the moment cause I don't have any functunal gameplay elements in yet. The shots you see are the angles for the player mainly. I also have a video I could upload if want? but it's mainly the standard UDK character walking through the parts of the level, while the cameras switch.