Knald 1.2.1 Released!
build ahoy! Since the 1.2.0 release of Knald we have been hard at work
fixing a few bugs and adding a few miscellaneous under the hood
improvements. Time for the Knald 1.2.1 Hotfix release!Go to page 12 for details!
We are happy to announce the Knald 1.2.0 has been officially released & is a free update for Knald 1.0 customers!
The 1.2 release is huge with massive upgrades to the mesh loading system (read below for details), including support for baking Bent Normals, support for the Stanford .PLY file format, additional options for occluder weighting for Ambient Occlusion, support for unnormalized height maps in the Baker, a new light theme and more!
More information on Page 7
- Added support for Tangent & Object Space Bent Normal Maps in the Baker with various options to control occluder weighting (Cosine, Uniform Clamped & Uniform Unclamped) and how the magnitude is stored via normalization.
- Improved the mesh loader to support mesh files with a triangle count of 350 million.
- Improved mesh loading speeds by up to 550%.
- Improved the mesh loader to support user adjustable bake balancing, which balances execution time between High Poly processing (import) and baking time based upon a slider value.
- Improved the mesh loader to support mesh files over 4GB in size.
- Added support for .ply Polygon File Format/Stanford Triangle Format.
- Added support for unnormalized height maps in the Baker.
- Added support for various options to control occluder weighting for baked Ambient Occlusion (Cosine, Uniform Clamped & Uniform Unclamped).
- Added support for various options to control occluder weighting for Mesh Ambient Occlusion (Cosine, Uniform Clamped & Uniform Unclamped).
- Added support for the reporting of various statistics for Height Maps in the Baker on (Min, Mid & Max for both normalized & unnormalized).
- Add support for the display of high poly vertex & triangle counts in the status bar while the Baker is loaded.
- Updated .kpbr with new presets (Brass #2, Rhodium, Tin, Tungsten + Concrete 1+2).
- Added an the option to use a cube primitive in the 3d preview.
- Added new Light theme for Knald via a dropdown option in the Preferences Tab.
- Added support for relative paths when saving/loading .ksf files.
- Added support for palletized PNG files.
- Added support for collapsible groups in the 3d preview.
- Updated the Dark theme so that ghosted/disabled GUI items are lighter for better legibility.
- Miscellaneous improvements to the load/save system.
- Miscellaneous tweaks to .kpbr to improve preview material aesthetics.
- Updated tooltips.
- Miscellaneous improvements and optimizations.
We are happy to announce the Knald 1.1.0 has been officially released & is a free update for Knald 1.0 customers!
For 1.1 we have added many new features including:
A new next generation baker with:
- 8k support
- Non-topologically Matching Cages
- Simultaneous Vertex Color, Derivative, Height & Tangent/Object Space Normal Baking
- Interactive Ambient Occlusion & Transmission Baking
- Fast, High Poly Mesh Based Curvature (Single & Dual Channel)
- Instant 100% Dilation/Bleed
- Fast & Intuitive Mesh Loading with NGon Support
- Post Bake Normal Strength Scaling
- Custom FBX Tangent Space Support
- Savable User Settings
More Information on page 13!
- A significantly upgraded 3d preview with all new IBL & PBR support with Metal & Smoothness workflow, MSAA & MikkTSpace
- SupportCurvature maps in Integrator mode
- Support for copy/paste
- Plus lots more!
After a long public beta we have finally arrived and the wait is over! Knald 1.0 has been released!
We would like to truly thank everyone for all their hard work & dedication in helping us make Knald the best that it can be.
Going forward our journey will continue to update and improve Knald, so please feel free to keep offering us your suggestions & giving us your valuable feedback. We couldn't have done this without you!
You can now view pricing & purchase Knald HERE
We also have a 30 day trial version that is available for people to test system compatibility and other such workflow considerations.
Thanks again for all the support everyone!
Enjoy! What is Knald?
Knald is an ultra-fast GPU powered solution for generating bake quality textures from any 2D source texture.How fast is ultra-fast?
Knald can generate a Normal, Derivative, Displacement/Height, Ambient Occlusion, Concavity and Convexity maps in around 5 seconds on a modern mid-range GPU. When loading an existing Heightmap directly, all other maps are generated instantly and automatically.Real-time?
Once you integrate your source texture, all the controls in Knald are real-time, meaning that you can iterate quickly and control the exact look & feel of your textures without waiting for your PC to bake and catch up with you.
Multi-vendor GPU Support!
By harnessing the power of OpenCL, Knald is a cross hardware platform solution and therefore is not limited to any specific GPU vendor. (nVidia and AMD cards currently supported) If your graphics card supports OpenCL then you are good to go!What does Knald mean for artists?
Feedback and Support
- Versatile work flow Artists can import and work with Normal, Derivative, Heightmaps and photo-sourced textures.
- All calculations & processing are performed in double/single precision floating point (float64/float32).
- Pixel perfect 8, 16 and 32bit support Our file I/O and image processing pipeline preserves your high precision data.
- Best in class Heightmaps Excellent quality, accurate height maps generated from a Normal/Derivative or photo-sourced texture.
- Best in class real-time AO Extremely high quality and clean results rivaling baked AO at 600+ rays.
- Ultra fast results Real time AO, Concavity and Convexity map generation adjustment means no more waiting for bakes.
- Simultaneous map processing See and adjust the results of all maps instantly.
- Real time (scalable) tessellation in the 3D preview See what your heightmap looks like before importing it into an engine.
We strive to make Knald the best that it can be, so please feel free to keep offering us your suggestions & giving us your valuable feedback on things such as bug reports and anything else that you feel could be improved within Knald.
You can also email us at [email protected]
with any questions that you may have.Artwork
We love seeing art that has Knald has helped create so please feel free to post your work in this thread so we can view it in all of its glory.Social Media
Knald Technologies is now on Facebook
! Like us on Facebook Here
, add us on Twitter Here
& +1 us on Google+ Here