Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Meldyran

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Meldyran polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone!

Finally mustered the courage to put my work up.I feel like I need all the help that I can get, both improving some of my past work and with developing stuff.

Where I stand now, I've always felt like I am more of a painter, having had an emphasis in traditional art for the most part. Though I am keenly aware that design, and not painting, is the foundation to concept art. So I've been really trying recently to think more and harder about the things that I make.

I'll try to keep this thread updated with work, both finished and in progress. Please feel free to give me any and every advise you think might be useful. I'm here to grow and I'm ooking forward to getting to know all of you.

zBKu0BR.jpg?1

mqCrVP1.jpg?1

BBJdtuM.jpg?1

Nz7kOuc.jpg

3SLhNRX.jpg

xjs0sD7.jpg

056yPPo.jpg?1

zcCGsaR.jpg

m3SdFpX.jpg

qlZOb4y.jpg

r1asdE0.jpg

Replies

• Meldyran
  • Meldyran
  • Meldyran
    Offline / Send Message
    Culture kit for a pirate town :) had a lot of fun with this one

nlykxfr.jpg

zBhH87s.jpg

g43nziS.jpg

pg1tnM4.jpg

NZvPRw5.jpg

i90ktdn.jpg

olnRqlm.jpg

MhxebiL.jpg?1
  • robertg
    Offline / Send Message
    robertg polycounter lvl 3
    cant believe I'm the first person commenting on this sketchbook, needless to say amazing stuff throughout. I especially love your use of vibrant colors, they really bring all your concepts to life. I could prob rave on some more about these images, but your probably more interested in critiques so ill try and think of something helpful to say. the most immediate issue I see, and i think its probably debatable whether the issue lies with me, is that some of the characters your posted a while back are kind of hard to recognize as good or evil? its hard to pinpoint why exactly im having this difficulty but perhaps it has to do with their facial expression.

that's just my 2 cents though, hopefully you find it in some small way helpfull lol. anyways, great sketchbook, for sure subecribed!
  • Meldyran
    Offline / Send Message
    robertg wrote: »
    cant believe I'm the first person commenting on this sketchbook, needless to say amazing stuff throughout. I especially love your use of vibrant colors, they really bring all your concepts to life. I could prob rave on some more about these images, but your probably more interested in critiques so ill try and think of something helpful to say. the most immediate issue I see, and i think its probably debatable whether the issue lies with me, is that some of the characters your posted a while back are kind of hard to recognize as good or evil? its hard to pinpoint why exactly im having this difficulty but perhaps it has to do with their facial expression.

that's just my 2 cents though, hopefully you find it in some small way helpfull lol. anyways, great sketchbook, for sure subecribed!

Thank you so much for your feedback! Actually that is something that someone else has also mentioned to me about those characters, so youre likely right about it being an issue! :) Sometimes I hve some trouble with intention and clarity :/

Thank you for your feedback!
  • Meldyran
    Offline / Send Message
    Exploring shape Language in achitecture

uhooWBP.jpg?1
    Ow4D4jb.jpg
    HH6TLzQ.jpg
  • Meldyran
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Wooo! This stuff is super cool. I especially like this one, I just kept noticing more and more things about it. Those architecture shape studies were interestingly informative.

:thumbup:
  • Meldyran
  • Fenyce
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    Wow. Such an awesome sketchbook! I really love your sketches and those shapes going on there!