Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Music revolution - SL6

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
cookedpeanut polycounter lvl 12
Hello people,

I'm pretty new to the whole game-work scene, still getting my talons around it, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, I'm working on a music scene and this is the first fruit of my efforts.

So to begin :icon_arrow:

Texture flats:
Flat_Present.jpg
Renders:
FRONT_LOGO.png
BOTTOM.png
TOP_LEFT.png
FRONT_RIGHT.png
Wireframe:
WIRE.png

Ok, so there's a few things I'm aware of:
1) Shading error on speaker cone.
2) Worn text on case is wrong way up (Fail on my part)
3) Plaque on front is missing logo (Still need to do)
4) I kinda went cheap on the polys around the speaker rim.
5) ?? You tell me! ??

Thanks for viewing!

Replies

• Ehsan Gamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ehsan Gamer polycounter lvl 6
    Hey.

Good job overall.

Shading error is caused by the topology of the low poly.

About the text You should invert the UV part or the text in photoshop.

And I agree with you about the number of polys around the rim. I think thats the most important part of the object so It must have more polys.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Try to be more consistent with polygon distribution, and use more polygons in areas that need it. For example you have a ton of polygons in that purple piece on the bottom, and on the bolts, plus those little circular holes in the top corners. You also have a lot of weird triangles in spots that do not make sense, like the sides of the speaker, and that purple things wireframe is super bizarre. Make sure to add geo to the speaker to make it actually round.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    All your screenshots seem to avoid me looking at them. Id rethink the camera angles, or atleast give a casual shot initially.
    Post process is kinda heavy at times, but depends on the pic. If thats a portfolio piece, make that speaker round. You should either go for a simple prop or a showcase piece, not half-half. If its a small scene and you want to show off quality work, give it the budget it demands.
    Aside that, it looks like quality.

Edit: Your edge wear looks really fake by looking at your texture sheet, mainly the back wood part that is not seen on your screens. Break up the straight lines by erasing about 50% of it with some grungy brush, that should grant a nice look.
  • cookedpeanut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cookedpeanut polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it! Going to get to work now :)

BTW, the purple bit at the bottom is a piece of cloth, the weird geo is because I ran a simulation on a SubD mesh to create the stress lines. I simply used Poly-Redux to lower the final polycount, hence the weird triangles.

Also, the triangles on the side are because there's a recess on the front of the body, they're just supporting it so it isn't an N-Gon...