Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hovercar maintenance facility

Hello!

I am working on a personal environment in UE4. At the moment I have all modular pieces and most of planned shaders (vertex/mask-blend on walls w distance DT blending, world-position mask on modular floor, glass' fake reflections, holographic etc) finished. Later on I plan to add some secondary props (door, window frames, wires, small workshop tools etc) to improve overall scene feel.

I would really appreciate C&C on current WIP, so I can improve this scene into a portfolio-quality environment. Thanks in advance!

0afBAMP.jpg

aRMstlB.jpg

BUhS3B0.jpg

Replies

• mospheric
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mospheric polycounter lvl 11
    Great job so far. I see where you want to take it, but you haven't quite gotten there yet.

Right now the scene has medium-large structural objects and small props. It is definitely missing larger props to help fill out the scene and create a more realistic garage. I suggest researching modern auto mechanics and see what sort of large machinery/objects/hydraulics they use when working on cars. Use those for reference and create future and hi-tech versions of them. For example, a machine/pulley system for taking out the engine. Also there is a lack of workbenches in this garage :)

For lighting, you have several lights facing the direction of the car, yet that area is not really lit up more than any other area. Focus more on the larger light systems that will define the general look/mood of the scene before working with the smaller lights. This isn't the best, but here's an example. Perhaps try setting up the main lights over the car to spotlight it subtly.

Overall it's a good start. I can tell where you are going with this, now it's time to just bring it to life. :)
  • Cibo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cibo polycounter lvl 10
    It looks weird.
    Looks like a suction pads on a thin car roof.
    Magnets are better suited but its more for garbage and not for repair. The construction is very unreal.

The crane construction has a very heavy and bulky look. Big oversized for this little car and the non exisant attachment in the roof looks cheap. The whole construction has a comic feeling without real influence

The car itself looks really good but the environment cant keep up.