Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

John Ehresmann: Environment Focus - Schoolwork

John Ehresmann
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
John Ehresmann polycounter lvl 4
Hey All,

My first post here on the Polycount forums, and excited to be actually starting to become apart of the community. I'll be posting some more work in the future, but figured I'd start with something I had to do for class this past week to ease my way in. As with everything on these forums, feedback is most definitely welcome.

Ehresmann_John_PMA3_Final_zpscf48114b.jpg

Replies

• Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    You can probably half that polygon count and still get a similar result. Also if that picture works as your reference you can probably spend a little more time defining the edges of your rock to get that sharp look, right now it looks a little soft around the edges.
  • John Ehresmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Ehresmann polycounter lvl 4
    You can probably half that polygon count and still get a similar result. Also if that picture works as your reference you can probably spend a little more time defining the edges of your rock to get that sharp look, right now it looks a little soft around the edges.

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely keep that in mind and come back to mess around with it going forward. Checked out your blog, and there's some cool stuff on there.

Thanks again,

John Ehresmann