Home Artists Looking For Work

Modeler Needed!

Hello Polycount! My name is Chad Perkins, and I have a unique opportunity for one talented modeler that is looking for a little money and a lot of exposure.

Please read this entire post before responding.

This model is for a short film that will be used for a massive training series on Lynda.com, one of the top 100 websites in the United States. It will be seen by thousands, if not tens of thousands of people. I'll probably also use the model and refer to your name in upcoming editions of one of my After Effects books (Focal Press).

The base pay for this is only $150 USD, as my budget has been exhausted by several factors. Although, slightly higher pay may be negotiated, depending on your skill and experience.

I need a fantasy, orc-like character modeled and textured, but I only need the head and the torso. The head needs to be EXACTLY like a sketch I have, but the torso is more open to your interpretation and we can discuss this together. If you aren't that great with faces, that's OK. The head is mostly just a helmet, and the body should mostly be armor as well.

I don't need rigging of any kind, HOWEVER, I will be animating this in Element 3D in After Effects, so I'll need the file to be setup in a particular way. I can give you more details on this, but essentially, you'll have to use image-based textures (not procedural), you'll have to provide normal-based bump maps (not luminance-based), and you'll need to provide the final file as either an OBJ or a C4D file.

This will be rendered in 3k (that's 3072 x 1620 pixels), so it will need to be fairly high poly and very high quality. Although, we won't see the model up close, so it doesn't need a lot of detailed work (in other words, it won't need detailed sculpting, etc.).

This is a phenomenal opportunity for anyone looking for something in their reel or portfolio that really stands out and is seen by tons of people. Thanks for reading this post and I look forward to working with you!

Replies