Home Dota 2

Courier - Death animation question

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction....

I'm creating a courier model, everything is going well but I am having a small hiccup with the the death animation. In the sequence he supposed to fly up then crash down. What is happening instead is, (when he dies to a tower) he is going down first then going up.

The starting position in Translate Y in the death animation is the same value as the start & end pose of the run & idle cycle.

I appreciate any help

Thanks

sg

Replies

• AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Juventinii wrote: »
    Hoping someone can point me in the right direction....

I'm creating a courier model, everything is going well but I am having a small hiccup with the the death animation. In the sequence he supposed to fly up then crash down. What is happening instead is, (when he dies to a tower) he is going down first then going up.

The starting position in Translate Y in the death animation is the same value as the start & end pose of the run & idle cycle.

I appreciate any help

Thanks

sg

I remember there is an issue or bug with the importer that when you test the courier in game when it dies it plays the first few frames of the animation when resets and plays it again. That might be what you are seeing. The best way to know if it works is if it plays correctly in the workshop importer outside of the game. If it looks right there, then you have no problems. :)
  • Juventinii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It does, thank you so much! :) This was driving me bananas...
  • hayes87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hayes87 polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah, I got this bug too.
    The strange thing its that it only happens when the courier its killed by a tower. If it is killed by an enemy hero, the animation plays normally.
    no idea why that happens.
  • Juventinii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks again guys, its confirmed when an enemy player kills the courier the animation was playing properly. It was only happening to the tower