Home Dota 2

Ryaguy1986 WorkShop

ryaguy1986
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ryaguy1986 polycounter lvl 6
First I want to say welcome and thanks for stopping by. I need your help Poycount Dota2 people. I would love to create Awesome weapons and armor sets for Dota 2 however I am running into a problem with the work flow and not understanding how some of the brushes work in zbrush.

I have been using zbrush for about a year so I understand how most of the brushes work but the model never turns out like i want it to turn out. when i sub dev the base mesh it looks like this.

Here is a example of what I mean.
in_Zbrush_no_sub.jpg

Can some one please let me now what Brush I should be useing to get the hard edges back on the model for the high poly mesh.

I wanted to see what you all think about my low poly mesh. I am making the weapon for Skeleton King. I just looked and noticed that it says this for the weapon tri limits.
I have two base mesh models one for each limits. Is that what i want??
LoD0 Triangle Limit: 400
LoD1 Triangle Limit: 350 - what dos LoD1 and LoD0 mean?

Here is what I have for a base mesh.

LOD_models.jpg

Here is the uv layout. How does this look?
UV_LAYOUT.jpg

I resized the images so that is way they are a little pixelated.

Replies

• hopgood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    You can look at using the Crease tool in Maya, which is the software application it looks like you are using. Select your hard edges and use the Crease tool to harden them. If you use the Go-Z plug-in, which you can configure in Zbrush, to move your mesh from Maya to Zbrush and subdivide it it will retain those hard edges.

A workflow you can look at is.

- Create your basemesh in your modelling software and move that into Zbrush when you are happy with it. You want to try to maintain this as all quads, as much as you can, for the sculpting process.

- Sculpt your details in Zbrush. When you are happy with the finished product you can go a few ways, you could use software like Topogun or Zbrush to re-topologise the mesh or you can go back to your basemesh and adjust it.

LOD's are the two different levels of detail used in Dota 2. You construct your LOD0 and UV it and do your baking from your high poly. Then you can use that LOD0 and refine and collapse edges to create the LOD1 while retaining your UV's.