Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some stuff i have done so far

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Fridock polycounter lvl 11
Some big pictures. All done in Softimage and rendered in KeyShot.
OOh when i start to learn new stuff already!

9gfKOEo.jpg
WS0n7vj.jpg
cd9tV51.jpg
VaVKWPA.jpg
4zHkdc4.jpg
9QIoacP.jpg
ShEh0mg.jpg
ZtYoHmw.jpg
RFvHi01.jpg
N3mACTM.jpg

Replies

• TylerGreen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TylerGreen polycounter lvl 5
    Very nice models. I would love to see a wireframe and or polycount.
  • Fridock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah no problemo, i'll make some later along with simple material renders.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Why would you want a polycount ? Theyre all highpoly models

Models are looking good, but you have issues with edge consistency I would say, many are way too sharp and some are overly soft , most things look pretty spot on tho

What was really striking me are your gradients. Never use harsh gradients. They have
    nearly no usage unless in some UI things. Gradients are the best when you only barely notice the difference in color. The wider the difference in lightness, the worse. And you have really wide differences. Also Avoid white and black.

Also while the procedurally textured highpolys are nice on the one side, on the other hand youre in uncanny valley, where you give up expectations you would not give with a simply 1 colored mesh. If you do that, then quality and realism needs to be a lot higher than on a usual HP presentation, but it is mainly
    the material definition being off. Many materials do not have the right propertys, that is the main problem
  • Fridock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Shrike - i gotta take a note on that matter. Also i can't say the stuff i just put is Fully complete and everything. It's more like a hobby or a practice, i didn't put as a goal to achieve perfect edges or topology. I'm still learning how to proper model first.