Home General Discussion

The proper working chair

Replies

• Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    i don't want to discuss it because it's of common sense, but all the fat people is fat because they eat a lot. You can be a skinny guy, but if you work with a computer and you spend all the day sitted, if you don't do exercise, you will be less skinny, and that's a fact as big like the sun appears all the days :P.

That's the result of a sedentary life.
  • Bibendum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer wrote: »
    if you don't do exercise, you will be less skinny
    You'll only be less skinny if you eat more than you're using.

That's the result of a caloric surplus not a sedentary lifestyle.

Exercise makes you healthier, it isn't necessarily going to make you any thinner.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I hate to ruin the fun but chairs causing weight gain wasn't the topic of this thread at all.

all the health nuts at work are switching to standing desks - I'm going to give it a shot. I've got crappy knees that will eventually have to be replaced but my first couple of jobs had work benches that were pretty much standing desks before the term was made popular and it wasn't too bad.
  • Marcus_Aseth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcus_Aseth polycounter lvl 9
    I really wish I could have purchased the chair linked in page 1,was awesome & only 170$,problem is that having that coming from US would have costed me 25$ expedition + 7$ per every lbs (400$) + custom duties to my country... pretty much if I was able to afforde that option, I could simply save some more & purchase an Aeron chair here.

So I look to 2 major stores around here & purchased what I though it was the best available,this one http://www.conforama.it/Products/2220-sedia-ufficio-moov.aspx
    60€,of course there where chairs with a double/triple cost,but those where only "showy" & offered the same 2 basic function of up/down and tilt,so no thanks.

This should be 100 times better than the old piece of wood,& with some excercise should keep me going until I'm good enough as a 3d artist to make money out of it & purchase a proper chair :)

& thanks to all for the suggestions,I'll come back to check/(maybe necro this topic) next time I have to change chair :P
  • Pabs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pabs polycounter lvl 12
    hey guys, which of these 2 chairs would you recommend?

Flash Furniture Mid-Back Black Mesh Chair with Triple Paddle Control

MARKUS Swivel chair, blue

the markus has a headrest plus great reviews

the flash furniture has adjustable arm rests, but there is a lack of reviews on the web.

edit: purchased the flash furniture chair because a friend recommended it.
    edit2: just arrived. love it.
    pros: adjustable backrest
    adjustable seat angle
    adjustable arm rests
    seat is real comfy
    backrest is 'breathable'
    cons: none at the moment

will update in a week or two to see how it holds up. my previous 2 chairs were giving me lower back pain and also sacrum pain.
  • Chai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chai polycounter lvl 17
    I use a slightly modified Herman Miller Sayl, is pretty cool

Things I look in a chair are mostly adjustability.
    Also really digging dynamic chairs (e.g. active sitting), say if you get a flexible material it allows you to do more movement which reduces static muscle tension.
    I've found mesh material great for summer, by far my favorite.