Home Dota 2

Fox's Workshop Thread

Replies

• mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Its fine man; yes I like the heavy blade feel allso ; gonna start working on it tomorow
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blade, I sketch out some shapes, slap on some colors on the shapes I like more, and then refine them in a paintover. Some of them are first generation, others have more extensive paintovers that change the basic silhouette. I guess I just kind of. Go. /not helpful?

Mihal, aiite. I look forward to seeing it! * V *
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    If you don't mind waiting a week or two for me to do it I'll take the second Skywrath staff or the Dragon Knight sword if one of them isn't taken.
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    foxclover wrote: »
    Snowstorm, NO IT'S NOT ALRIGHT jk why wouldn't it be? :) do you need a back view? I can bring up qop's sheet and whip one together.

lol! A back view would be good yup, thanks!
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Damn Volvo, either fix loadout particles, or let us turn them off!
    4pNNNaO.jpg
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    foxclover add me on steam "mihalceanu" ;cheers
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator, the second skywrath is taken (herp sorry), but I can put the dk sword on hold for you. :)

Snowstorm, I'll get to that tonight. ^^

Vlad, HOLY SHIT you're so fast O_O, and it looks SO AMAZING OAIWHGOIAHWEOGHWE Could I touch up the textures on the wings though? I think the blue wings could use some more shading, maybe. I know I didn't include it in the concept though, so... sorry about that. >_o

Annnnd added friends to steam whee :)
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Vlad, HOLY SHIT you're so fast O_O, and it looks SO AMAZING OAIWHGOIAHWEOGHWE Could I touch up the textures on the wings though? I think the blue wings could use some more shading, maybe. I know I didn't include it in the concept though, so... sorry about that. >_o

Annnnd added friends to steam whee :)
    Sure, can't see you on the Steam friendlist though, hit me up and i'll send you the textures.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been really busy the last few months, but here's what I've been working on:

1. Kotl:
    zCQWRMF.png8rDTNON.png
    Unfortunately, the tail moves all whacky in game, so I've shelved this item until I can find someone for the animations. (Or I learn them myself)

2. Cm set wip:
    iivWElr.png

Concepts:
    For Psych:
    dragon_knight_concept.png

For mechbegum:
    ta_concept2.png

Up for grabs (jk now it's grabbed by insaneophobia):
    disruptor.png

Working on some winter concepts for the monthly competition. :)
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Dayummmm! Nice stuff! Absolutely love that Diruptor mount and the DK set. Sick concepts!
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    I really really really love the last two concepts. One of the best ones I ever saw for both of these characters.
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Hooooly Crap, I love that disruptor set!!!
  • Sumers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sumers polycounter lvl 10
    this is just great
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad you're continuing to do concepts alongside your 3d stuff! Really like the dk and ta sets.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys! The disruptor was supposed to be for the winter competition, since I designed the shoulder wraps first, but then it just got a little away from me.
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh btw, a little tip fox, if you want that shoulder to be a thing, you almost need to make the wrap a part of his back slot, the shoulder has a very tiny budget (150 tris for lod1 250 tris for lod0) and the back has a quite larger one (500 tris for lod1, 1050 tris for lod0)
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea I noticed, I was actually thinking of moving part of it to the head slot, so it's not quite so boring when you mix and match it with other sets, like so:

disruptor2.png

Even then, though, it might be pushing the poly limit...? Maybe a more experienced person than me would be more efficient with their polys.
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hm, yeah maybe.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NEW HEROES! *dances* This one is up for grabs too. The concept is pretty rough in places, but I think the idea should be clear enough. Maybe. Possibly.

emberspirit.png
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mirana_ceremonial.png

Shameless cross-post, Soldeus is amazing. * U *
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Really love that mount concept! Have you thought of making the scales a different color so they pop a little more? Maybe gold?
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Just WOW... jaw dropping concepts!! They will for sure just roll into the game :)
  • kendmd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5
    Wow, I love that Mirana concept! What Sukotto said is definitely worth a consideration. in my opinion adding some gold color in the design of the Kirin will make it more interesting.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i like the ember spirit set. but i saw its misssing the red gem on his belt! :)
    if u do not add one valve will dev-comment ur workshop and force u to do it :)
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :O

That mirana set is gorgeous!

If anything I'd keep trying to get a bow with awesome shapes that fit the level of detail of the rest of the set. That should really tie everything together.

p.s. if you eventually decide not to use the leftmost hair, the one tied up, I'd gladly make it for mirana or another hero.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto+Ken> Thanks for the crit guys :> I decided to leave off gold scales so the mount will mesh better with other mirana sets, but you guys are right. I'll look into maybe tinting the edge of the scales, instead of the whole thing.

Konras> well ... That's the dream isn't it! X)

Shock> ARe you serious. Are you serious?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! daaaaamn. does it have to be on the belt? :( I put two gems on his gauntlets .... aw shucks. :<

Snowstorm> You know, halfway through designing the mirana set, i was there wishing i could just steal your mirana hair for her, hahaha. We're going with the left hair, though, so. X( Sorry...

... i hate passing up the opportunity to have the hair guru make a hair with me ... Want to make a headpiece for any other hero? ANY OTHER HERO? >_> I'LL BE YOUR CONCEPT MINION, PLZ <3
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like how you paint, especially those gradient style painting relly nice :D

like TA's hair... and mirana's mount...
  • Artypi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5
    ahhh that mirana set is so gorgeous, i love how feminine it is
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    There's some brilliant concepts you've got here! I adore that Mirana set!
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Snowstorm> You know, halfway through designing the mirana set, i was there wishing i could just steal your mirana hair for her, hahaha. We're going with the left hair, though, so. X( Sorry...

... i hate passing up the opportunity to have the hair guru make a hair with me ... Want to make a headpiece for any other hero? ANY OTHER HERO? >_> I'LL BE YOUR CONCEPT MINION, PLZ <3

Aw man. Haha, that'd have been nice actually. I think the mirana hair will probably end up sitting on the workshop collecting dust since shapewise it's a little similar to a piece that's in already.

Hahaha, take your pick! If you come up with a concept you really like I'd be happy to collaborate. I'm not able to rush items any more either, so if you'd like to do the texture work (I'll provide bakes and all the necessary files to use as bases) that'd be alright too. Just drop me a pm!
  • HntrLuc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    Great work foxclover! All these sets look amazing. :)
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys, it finally happened. I had a dream bout modeling and dota items. WHAT.

Thanks Agito, Artypi, Hudston, hunter, btw <3

weapons4.png
    Legion + beast (zip) + aba (vlad) are taken, and luna doesn't really fit cny, and prob needs some refining, but what the heck, post it anyway!

cny_hair.png
    QoP (snowstorm) is taken. I got a suggestion to flip the hair on drow's shoulder mainly for her portrait.

abaddon_vayne2.png
    Collaboration with Vayne

chaosknight_mount.png
    Quick dragon for chaos knight. It needs some revision (especially since I stole some elements for the aba mount up there), but I don't think I'll have time to finish that by the 15th. :<

k9kYGwo.gifLqddz5w.png
    Probably going to take another go at the masks, the front is bothering me. But I'm just elated we got this far at all. X)

I'll post more stuff as they progress further, but for now... I think that's enough to update with. :>
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys, it finally happened. I had a dream bout modeling and dota items. WHAT.

Thanks Agito, Artypi, Hudston, hunter, btw <3

Legion + beast (zip) + aba (vlad) are taken, and luna doesn't really fit cny, and prob needs some refining, but what the heck, post it anyway!

cny_hair.png
    QoP (snowstorm) is taken. I got a suggestion to flip the hair on drow's shoulder mainly for her portrait.

Collaboration with Vayne

Quick dragon for chaos knight. It needs some revision (especially since I stole some elements for the aba mount up there), but I don't think I'll have time to finish that by the 15th. :<

Probably going to take another go at the masks, the front is bothering me. But I'm just elated we got this far at all. X)

I'll post more stuff as they progress further, but for now... I think that's enough to update with. :>

there is no spoiler tag for this forum :<

anyway i loled for the lina's fire wheel...i know you based on 哪吒... Nata,Nezha,Third Lotus Prince... well that kid (he was) was famous for he did for naughty things and get troubled before he turned good XD, well it is fresh idea :D

another thing is the LC's halberd, personally i think make the crescent part even size will be more better, OR remove it complete... because i don't see the purpose for the crescent glue on that completed form of that halberd , even chinese halberd design the crescent part is designed on the handle/ non sharp part... the one you designed is like blocked the blade ... *OCD* (sorry for my broken england :P)
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It would be nice if the wheels got some particles from valve, just to make it firey. ^^ Glad someone recognized the reference!

I'm hardly concerned with realism, as far as weapons go. A large majority of weapons already in game are not calibrated for realistic use. I'm ok with the legion blade as it is; but I guess I'll let my modeler (sister <3) decide. Thanks for the crit, Agito. :>
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It would be nice if the wheels got some particles from valve, just to make it firey. ^^ Glad someone recognized the reference!

I'm hardly concerned with realism, as far as weapons go. A large majority of weapons already in game are not calibrated for realistic use. I'm ok with the legion blade as it is; but I guess I'll let my modeler (sister <3) decide. Thanks for the crit, Agito. :>

because i m a pure chinese :P

but not on the macho melee hitting weapons :(
    (magic staff is exception XD )

suggestions ( i gonna leave it here anyway XD )
    1) remove the crescent.
    2) make the bridge/ connectors that connect crescent and blade thicker, because looks too tiny and fragile. (or use smooth curve line element inside the design , i mean the lotus petals "extend" out as the "bridge"
    3) or make the blade more blunted on crescent side so the crescent blade part has more reasonable to exist :P
    2qJHNK6.jpg

just a suggestion, sorry i used your picture and modify it without your permission, i can take it down if you don't want see it >_<

PS: forget to add, i like the abaddon's mount's armor...the neck part
  • BladeofEvilsBane
    Gorgeous concepts as always, really digging the abaddon set.
  • foxclover
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    17ji34I.png
    Taken: Chen (soldeus) + windrunner (tea) + centaur (Horse) + dragon knight (belkun)
    kunkka not available because whoops

• MrTwoVideoCards
    Can I bang on the centaur axe? Here's my steam.
  • SLIMEface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SLIMEface polycounter lvl 7
    Really nice drawings! I am working on a similar idea for kunnka ^^
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slmey, i'll axe the idea then, I completely derped out on it anyway, Zip told me you guys were working on it, and i forgot. I guess the concept was just floating at the top of my head subconsciously because he mentioned it. :>

Horse, go for it. :) Your work is always superb.
  • MrTwoVideoCards
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 wrote: »
    Finally it is finished. My first set ever (and Foxclover's first too!). Special thanks to Stefco for assisting in the final stages. Also special thanks to Motenai for his Marmoset walkthrough. Most of all, thanks for this awesome community who helped me reach this far!

So Thank you and kindly vote!

Vespertine Guard Set - YouTube
    JC10Lph.jpg
    200x200.resizedimage200x200.resizedimage200x200.resizedimage200x200.resizedimage200x200.resizedimage200x200.resizedimage

ZQ0PQwa.gif
    SO vayne and stef are awesome, fingers crossed that it gets in :D
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Hellllll yeah! This set is gorgeous and stunning. So stoked about it!
  • Nikey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    This set looks really great! Really like a lot of different colors, like this gold parts. Pretty good fits to this hero! I'm 100% sure this set will be in the game! Good luck!
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    forgot to post this too:

splash3.png
    77966860407EE041E0A8ADA2A9D45B66AE9A9EBF
    637x358.resizedimage
    with Snowstorm, who is an awesomely amazing dude, who did a great job with the concept. :D

and for fun:
    splash3.gif
    vayne_splash_progress.gif
  • Todestomate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    holy shit your concepts are amazing! And I love those step-by-step gifs of the loading screen, really looking good! (especially because I am a sucker for painted stuff).

Also I think that CK dragon wins the badass-award for Dota mounts.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toying with the idea of a 'driftwood treant'. If anyone's interested, i could work on developing it further:

treantprotector_driftwood.jpg

Qop wings
    qop_wings.jpg
  • t1mu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t1mu polycounter lvl 8
    i love these wings.
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9