Home Dota 2

Sunburnn's Workshop

Hey everyone, so i'm currently working on pieces of a set for Dark Seer, and I've come across an obstacle with my progress. I have the models' UV Layout and Ambient Occlusion files baked and brought into Photoshop CS6, but I can't seem to find, for the life of me, anywhere that walks me through the steps on texturing my model.

I've already looked at all the Valve guides, and I understand that because someone will be using a model that is different from mine, the steps may be different, but i'm just trying to find a basis to help me on my feet.

If you have any questions or concerns about what i'm trying to do, feel free to comment on this thread.

Thanks,
Sunburnn

Replies

• Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    At a base level, theres no difference in technique between how to texture a Dota item compared to something else. Just a lot of Dota items use baked in lighting info

It sounds like you're still new to texturing 3D assets, then maybe Dota items aren't the best place to start. They use complex textures that may not make sense to someone new to 3D and texturing.
  • Sunburnn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto wrote: »
    At a base level, theres no difference in technique between how to texture a Dota item compared to something else. Just a lot of Dota items use baked in lighting info

It sounds like you're still new to texturing 3D assets, then maybe Dota items aren't the best place to start. They use complex textures that may not make sense to someone new to 3D and texturing.

You're pretty much right on me being new to 3D modelling, I've been able to pick it up very quickly but texturing is probably the hardest part of my quest to make Dota 2 items. I'll continue on with the "placeholder" texturing that I have so far. I'll also post some pictures of my current progress and my future progress.