Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Animator and 3d artist wanted

Hi there,

My name is Herrick and I am a team lead, creative director, and one of two writers on a video game project. We will that will be doing a kickstarter in December. We are a small team of about 7 developers and are looking to expand to 10 total.

Our team is backed by a lot of experience, AAA console developers or premier software developers.

We are making a top down 3d isometric turn based strategy RPG in the Fire emblem/Final Fantasy Tactics/Front Mission vein.

Our goal:
To create a working prototype with about 20-30 minutes of gameplay by December or January. At that point we would be doing a kickstarter to help fund the game and get it launched.

What we need:

3D Art requirements:

Programs:

3D Studio Max or Maya

Modeler:

You will need to know rudimentary animation principles so that you don’t put a heavy load on the animator by providing a mesh that doesn’t work with animation. Must be able to make a low polygon model read as an object.

Animator:
Must be able to rig objects and characters. Will need to be able to communicated directly with modeler in order to make things work properly. A good knowledge of anatomy and movement.

If you have questions, some of them might be directed to one of the artists already on board with more professional experience in the 3d art/animation side. (I am not a 3d artist or animator, thus why I am here)

Requirements:
You would be required to get a set list of assets/animations done by a certain time frame. I will also require an upfront commitment for the five-seven month time frame.

You will need to be available for weekly team skype meetings.

You will be required to make a weekly or bi monthly blog post to talk about what you have been working on and link your work to other members of the development team. This will drum up interest in the kickstarter when it finally launches.

ALL of your work can be used as portfolio pieces.

DISCLAIMER! Due to the nature of the project I cannot offer any paid work right NOW. However, any work done here will be either back paid on a contractual basis agreed upon before hand or for a full time position on the project after the kickstarter’s completion. NOTE: the word contract. Yes, there will be something in writing before you start work.

If you have any questions, send me an e-mail at hericksonbrigl@gmail.com

Send me links to your portfolio, etc.