Home Dota 2

The Slithereen's Eye - Dota 2 Ward

Hey Guys,

I am working on ward for Dota 2 themed at Naga Siren. You are obviously an artistic bunch of people and I want your opinion as well as your advice on it and how to make it look better. For example. I've had one comment saying the sentry ward need to be more distinguishable. How do you think I should do that?

Here's the link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=157410653&searchtext=

Thanks a lot for your time! :D
Take care!

Replies

• HueRizen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have addressed the distinguishing aspect, what do you think now?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...53&searchtext=
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    It's hard to see anything with the giant lens flare.

I guess the biggest issue I have with it is that it doesn't looks like a ward but more like a courier or something silhouette wise.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    It looks like a damned skinned Naga with an eye stuffed in her lifeless body.
    Pulled out of the ass silhouette and zero actual work on the design.
  • Quinnjdq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like a damned skinned Naga with an eye stuffed in her lifeless body.
    Pulled out of the ass silhouette and zero actual work on the design.
    Well that was pretty aggressive and nonconstructive.
    I'd honestly say Vlad is right in areas, you need to heavily think about the theme of naga and not so much copying the way she looks. Think about the underwater theme, the sort of color schemes that she has and also the designs on her armor and weapons.
    A naga ward could be cool but I feel you need to seriously design something unique rather than eyeball naga.
  • HueRizen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik wrote: »
    It's hard to see anything with the giant lens flare.

Yep I thought that too, I will change it as soon as possible. Probably turns away a lot of viewers.

As for your comments guys about the silhouette not matching that of a ward and no uniqueness in design... well I guess I got carried away with relating it to Naga Siren too much and it's a problem with the actual concept. I should have shared out my concepts here, heard about your opinions, fixed it and then went on to making the final ward. Since I am already done with the whole thing, there's no point going back and I will just have to get on with it as it is now. I can't change the concept at this stage. Anyway, this was a great experience, making an NPC for the first time. Taught me a lot things. Thank you for your feedback and criticism none-the less. Thank you for your time.
  • HueRizen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have updated the workshop with more pictures and a lore in the description. Looking forward for your feedback :D