Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Carlos Villalba

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Lesswanted polycounter lvl 8
Hi,

I will love to share my progressions. Enjoy, chat, advice and feel free to contact me.

To start I'll like to introduce you Mr. Franaleon.

It's quite excited to be here!

This is the Zbrush version some million polys :poly124:

980813_10200352592392043_1582247991_o.jpg

And here you have the ingame versions of it from 16k to a few hundred tris.

964569_10200353933065559_1926485900_o.jpg

Replies

• Lesswanted
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Step by step process to get the idea flowing in my head.

The Start point was obvious. How should I see a warrior coming from outer space. And in Freezer words “just a dirty monkey”

The Saiyans were a race of warriors human shaped, but with some reminiscences of a monkey. In essence they were brute soldiers with armors and at some point they could turn into giant wolf gorillas.

So that is where I started to develop my character: Morrix. An alien with some features of a gorilla, but not just a shaved monkey, something else. Something more than a bodybuilder gorilla. A true terrific alien invader!
    ejercicio-e-09-e28093-arte-conceptual-personajes-thumbnails-carlosvillalba1.jpg?w=723&h=1024
    Once I’ve got some good shapes I feel comfortable I start to be more specific. Some times in the edge of getting Nappa alive!
    Also I play with the idea of having some weapons to give Morrix the long range combat ability.
    ejercicio-e-09-e28093-arte-conceptual-personajes-dibujos-conceptuales-carlosvillalba1.jpg?w=723&h=1024
    Once I’m ready to start the 3D Model I need to get the final form.
    I wanna make it really buffed and ripped, but not as hairy as an ape. So I decide to avoid Nappas mustache and make some nice Mohawk and some sideburns. Also I get him really big arms, and a nice 6 pack full of food!
    Hehehehe, He likes a lot to eat, so I see no point being the Slim Morrix. Once this concept has showed me the way I want to go, all I have to do is start the 3D Sculpture. And, since I’m both the concept artist and the 3D artist of this character I have no worries changing parts of my creature.

ejercicio-e-09-e28093-arte-conceptual-personajes-final-carlosvillalba3.jpg?w=723&h=1024

This was more or less the basic topology right after I landed in ZB, maybe 4 hours later.

morrix.jpg?w=940&h=885
    Yeah Morrix is fine… don’t you think?
    I hope to finish it ...
    morrix02.jpg?w=940&h=705

After some quite hard work I landed into this.
    monkeycheese.jpg?w=940&h=705

And right now I'm getting things done like this.

Not sure if I'll be able to finish it with or without armor.

morrix300513.jpg?w=1280

Hope you like it!
  • Lesswanted
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Lesswanted
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Lesswanted
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tow Bro is a game for Nintendo Switch developed in Unreal Engine.

• Lesswanted
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Honda EV Concept
    Less than 64k triangles.

• Lesswanted
    Options
    Offline / Send Message