Home General Discussion

Quixel: nDo & dDo news

Replies

• maximumsproductions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maximumsproductions polycounter lvl 8
    Can't wait! Rounding up a few assets to practice texturing just bought ddo with summer sale, syncing up luck ftw! Hopefully see this revamp in the next couple months :D
  • Mik2121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mik2121 polycounter lvl 9
    This is not worth a new thread so I'll just leave the question here...

Finally got my dDo license to work. Already tried it on my PC at work and I can see myself using this for my portfolio stuff soon.

One thing though, is there some reason behind the dDo re-activate count? I use nDo2 on both my PC at home and also at work when I stay there until late just doing my own stuff, and I like that I can switch from one to the other just by going to the quixel site.

So.. why is dDo limited in this way? If there's nothing to be done here, I will just leave it installed in my PC at home, but it'd be nice to know why is it different from nDo2 licenses.
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Mik2121 I asked Wiktor, same thing the other day during one of his streams. I sent him a screenshot of my license screen and apparently it shouldn't be that way, so guys at Quixel are looking into it now.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Once we buy a subscription its good for life correct? If we choose to upgrade at some point is that allowed ?
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Yup, its for life and to upgrade just contact quixel over email.
  • Mik2121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mik2121 polycounter lvl 9
    Gheromo wrote: »
    Mik2121 I asked Wiktor, same thing the other day during one of his streams. I sent him a screenshot of my license screen and apparently it shouldn't be that way, so guys at Quixel are looking into it now.

Gotcha. I will only be changing the licenses twice a week (on Friday night to use it the whole weekend at home and on Mondays to use it at work after 6pm when I can do my own stuff), and on my PC the trial works for now so I have like half a month or so until I start re-activating. If it gets fixed, sweet, if not, I'll leave it on my PC at home.

Edit - Also today at work I tried dDo and damn it's good... I can only imagine how helpful this can get once I (hopefully) get used to it.
    I will also try in a couple days to do some simple assets just with nDo2 and dDo and sshow it to some of my leads so they can see how helpful these tools can be :)
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    has there ever been a sale lower then the current 20 ?
  • boumay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boumay polycounter lvl 6
    The quixel site is down for maintenance since 3 days approx.
    Does anyone has an info on when it'll be back online?
    I wanted to purchase ddo, but couldn't : (
    I sent an email to quixel sales, but no answer so far...
  • Setes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    judging by their facebook page they've been down since the 13'th, and earlier today the google cache of their site showed they'd been hacked by some morrocan idiots.
  • boumay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boumay polycounter lvl 6
  • MaVCArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MaVCArt polycounter lvl 8
    website seems to be back online for me now
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    The Quixel website is up and running! Thank you for the patience and sorry about any inconvenience it may have cause you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 3
    Disting wrote: »
    The Quixel website is up and running! Thank you for the patience and sorry about any inconvenience it may have cause you.

Ufff, for a while I thought you were bought by Autodesk ;)