Home Unreal Engine

udk crashing when loading a map

hello im having an issue in udk, cant seem to solve the problem so im in need of a bit of urgent help here, i am working on a project in udk.
i have been working on this udk project at my university and wanted to use it at home and i have moved the files into their respective places in the udk directories on my computer. opening udk, it crashes trying to load the map...
i have made sure the udk version i am using matches the version i used at uni but the same issue appears.

other things ive tried is finding someone else with the same issue (no luck)
and seeing if the level file is corrupt (even though i have saved it twice now and transfered it twice with the same issue)

ive checked if it was because the packages are in the wrong place but to my findings, removing the packages for the models causes the launch.log to get much longer complaining about missing packages so it doesnt seem to be that either....

i created a copy of the crash report inside launch.log:
http://pastebin.com/4ZuXfCgC

im new to udk, this is the first time ive touched it to create a prototype explorable gameworld.
im running out of time and my project deadline is this friday an im in desperate need of help with the issue.

thanks.

Replies

• Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reinstall it again, this time, if you didn't already, try installing it directly onto your C: drive, like so:

C: \UDK\

And see if that helps.. methinks it would!
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    xemnes wrote: »
    hello im having an issue in udk, cant seem to solve the problem so im in need of a bit of urgent help here, i am working on a project in udk.
    i have been working on this udk project at my university and wanted to use it at home and i have moved the files into their respective places in the udk directories on my computer. .

Did you actually INSTALL it? Just moving files isn't the same thing, as there are drivers and directX stuff that comes with it.
  • xemnes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yes i did, 3 times, 3 different versions. downloaded from the udk website and installed them. then i took the files for the scene and placed them into the folders under c:/UDK/versiondate/engine/content

opening the scene will crash no matter what.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Your map file is corrupt, the error suggests that it is not a complete file.