Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - TairoW - Zheng Antarctic Explorer (WIP)

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Tairow polycounter lvl 11
Here is my entry, his name is Zheng a chinese explorer in the beginnings sec XIX traveled to ice continent.

The Idea is to create a Chinese character that will be able to survive the ice cold of the continent... So, heavy clothes, some fur ( that will be a good study! ).

He will be a marine so for the pedestal he'll probably have a piece of a ship. He is also a badass so to complete the pack some weapons, scars, and some parts without some clothes.

Helping me with the concept art there will be my friend Magno.

lO069CI.png

He created this sketch that I'll be using as base, there probably will have some changes in it but its a good start!!

So... I'll be starting the sculpt right now!!

Replies

• Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Past days I've created a basemesh for the character and the rough shapes of the clothes in Zbrush, and as the creation goes I've changed the original idea quite a lot... and I think apart from his face his clothes doesn't resemble at all a chinese guy.... but I liked, so I'll continue working on it...

Crits and comments are very welcome!

33s19.jpg
    Basemesh

33s0W.jpg
    And Zbrush first sketch with a paintover with propably the final idea...
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    looks cool, keep it up!
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Very NIce! I like the idea! Keep working good job!
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A new update, got some time to do this, and still many thing to work!!
    I hope i can finish it in time.

3byYe.jpg
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there! Quick reminder that you still need to fully register to the contest so that we may provide you with free access to Mixamo's Auto-Rigger and Motions Collection. (You will need to take a few minutes to Auto-Rig and animate your character before submitting your entry.)

Here's how to register: Simply send an email to contest@mixamo.com and provide the following info:

Name: Your First and Last Name
    Login: Your Mixamo login or associated email address
    Source: Where you heard about this contest
    Tools: 3D software you will use to model your character
    Polycount WIP Thread: Your email must include the URL to your work-in-progress thread on Polycount so we can follow your progress

That's it!

We'll then provide you with free Auto-Rigging and animating on Mixamo and send you a confirmation. Thanks!
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quite some time since my last upload, got so many works.... But im still working on it, will have to reduce the details on somethings and maybe skip the fur study that i wanted to do... But I'll do my best to finish the character, my goal is to finish the sculpt in a couple of days or so... and then work on the texture and reotopo.

Thanks!

3mSqy.jpg
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One more update, doing the face now.

Hope i can finish the face by tomorrow and then start texture and retopo.

3qNar.jpg
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Very cool ! I 'm looking foward to see it finished... =D
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you karytsukino! your entry its very good too! Let's finish!!

One more update, and the finish line getting near.

This time the colors, did some color study on PS and a value study, and got this, not quite happy with the result, gonna make some fine corrections in the final textures, add effects and so on.... Tomorrow color the face and start repology.

This its only polypaint in zbrush with flat color to use as a base for the main texture.
    3t3qZ.jpg
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forgot to post his head done.

Here it goes.
    3t3zH.jpg
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there! Just a quick reminder that the deadline for your submission has been extended: you have until tonight (Monday July 8, 11:59:59 pm PST) to email us your entry.

If you have any issue with the Auto-Rigging or Animating, our awesome support team is here to help out so feel free to email support@mixamo.com and use the word "contest" in the subject of your email so that we get back to you before the end of the day.

Almost there! Keep at it!
    Good luck!