Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Stellar 8 Studios

Hello internet!
Stellar 8 Studios is a video game studio constisting of two people so far, a programmer and a writer.
That's why we're looking for a bunch of talented 3D modellers and artists to help us, and what better place than Polycount, where some of the most talented people post amazing work every day?
Our first project is the prologue to our science fiction game which is currently under the code name 'Lunar 3'. The prologue is sort of a test to see if we can actually make the content we wish to for the full game, as well as serving as a backstory for the game.
So as we said before, we're looking for some talented people to help us.
Of course if you submit something or help in any way your not obligated to keep helping, it could be a one off thing.
What we're looking for at the moment is someone to help use with the armor as well as characters and some machines and whatnot, but we will of course be requiring enviroments, vehicles, etc.
So if you wish to help or have any questions please contact us by either replying to this thread or you can send us an email at Stellar8Studios@hotmail.com
We will of course be posting updates on the progression of the game as well!
Thanks for taking the time to read this, we love you all!
-Stellar 8 Studios

*Edit: The prologue is not aiming to make any money, but if any is indeed made it will be given to the people who have helped. The people who helped will also be fully credited and can use their work in their portfolios or however they want.

Replies

• Devart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any workflow for what you're looking for right now? Any artwork done via private message that you could post or more specific ideas as to what's going to be useful vs. what's beyond the premises of the game design right now?
  • Stelar8Studios
    Apologies for the late response, we've been consumed with working on the core gameplay mechanics and finalizing the script recently. We also created a small test map to show off the style we're aiming for:
    https://www.dropbox.com/home/Project%20Lunar#!/home/Project%20Lunar
    As for workflow, at the moment we want to get things such as character models (Especially the player model) first as well as objects that will be used in gameplay (Such as cover), but we're also looking to start on one of the sections of a level.
  • gunsrlove
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi
    Dropbox says the folder ProjectLunar doesn't exist, could you possibly provide screenshots of the small test map?
    What sort of environments are you interested in, this being sci-fi?
  • Stelar8Studios
    That's odd, here's a link to a video we put up on our Youtube page
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNIq9J5caAM"]Project Lunar: Style Test - YouTube[/ame]
    Keep in mind it was recorded at relatively low quality.
    The Prologue takes place mainly in 'Outpost 4' which is located on the moon 'Lunar 3' (Although technically it's a dwarf planet). Outpost 4 is a science facility which is excavating an unknown artefact (Known as 'The Beacon) from the heart of a mountain, although a part of the Prologue also takes place in an abandoned autonomous cargo bay. As for the moon itself, it's a harsh ice planet which froze over when its core died out and is prone to violent blizzards.
    For the main colour theme we were thinking a warm orange which is contrasted by the stark white of the snow.
    We'd also like to stay away from the typical hexagon patterns that science fiction is so fixated on, but that's just a side note.
  • gunsrlove
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the concept, looks cosy :D
    I would like to know what you have in mind for the character, armours and what the style for the characters is. I have pretty much zero experience with characters to be honest but i would like to start somewhere, plus have stuff for my portfolio...It seems however that characters are the main thing you need and i want to help with that. At the same time i don't want to disappoint or waste your time, if I make something that isn't good enough.
    Same goes for armours. Although I would be better at that than a humanoid.

As for environments I would like to know what you need, i.e walls, props, entire rooms and so on.

Vehicles as well, or weapons, I can help out with that.
    I could model a room for you , in the style and colour scheme you mentioned, if you want to see an example of my work
  • Stelar8Studios
    Could you email us at Stellar8Studios@hotmail.com and we can discuss what we're looking for as well as some background to the story and themes
    It'd also be a good way to connect you with others who are helping out and keep you in the loop
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Touching base with you guys haven't heard back from you guys