Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Seeking Level Developers/Animators for 2.5D Platforming game!

Prominence
polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Prominence polycounter lvl 14
(Notice to mods: Feel free to delete the similar post in the Unpaid section; I'll admit I hadn't really come here in a while and was unaware of the split. A thousand pardons!)

The type of game is just an old-school hop and bop platformer, similar to, say, Mario, or Donkey Kong Country ( Returns ).

The game stars a young, tribal kitten of a girl named Maowi. Maowi however, is, well... kinda a wuss. How much so? She's scared of her own shadow. Not so bad? Well, see, when she's scared, she panics. And when she panics...lots of things end up broken. Exiled from her tribe, she wanders the jungle, starving... but soon gets wind of a legend of an inexhaustible food supply by a wandering forest sage. Extremely hungry and despondent, she figures it'd be nice to live there, and, sets off to find it...completely unaware of the many dangers standing between her and her food.

However...a greedy and gluttonous treasure hunter also hears about it, by chance- and he's planning on staking his claim there as well, and leaving none to share! Hence, it's up to Maowi to run, jump, swing, cling, and in some cases, scream to find her edible treasure nest before that mean ol' hunter gets his greedy mitts on it!

The engine being used is Unity3D, and the modeling tools can be...well, considering Unity's wide importing options, nothing is off the table, per-se, but Blender and Maya are preferred.

The style is cartoonish and vibrant, similar to, for example, Donkey Kong, Klonoa, NiGHTS, and whatnot. What we need at the moment is an animator(s) capable of doing biped/winged/quadruped movement, as well as cartoonish, exaggerated facial expressions. We could also use assistance with level development; making challenging but not horribly hair-pullingly difficult levels. The current team is as follows.

Me: Creative Design/Level Layout
Coco: Concept Artist
Jenise: Concept Artist
Mike: Character Modeler
Swivel: Generalist Modeler
David: Lead Programmer

The main character: Maowi%20final.png

And the main bad guy:
The%20Baron.png

Some others, as well:
maowi_mercenaries.png

maowi_bgideas2.png

Blank%20version.jpg

Enemy%204.jpg

You can contact me via either PM on this site, or by email at bluecometgames@hotmail.com. I can also be reached on Skype at prominenceflare.

Thank you for your time.