Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kusanagi Fanart

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
dipnusurf polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone,
I finally decided to post some WIPs of a Ghost In The Shell fan art I started a long time ago. The design I chose for it isfrom Stand Alone Complex 2nd G.I.G.

This work has several purposes : the first is obviously for training and the second is to try some software and various techniques I can't try at work.

I've already started to do the low poly model but as I tweaked to HD model, I'll have to redo some part after your feedbacks.
It's going to be about 12K tris. For the textures I plan a 2048/2048 map for the full body (maybe I'll try a 2048/1024 if it's enough), a 1024/1024 for the face and an extra texture for the gun ( 512/256 or 512/512)
I'm going to render it in UDK when done.

I didn't want to strictly stick to the concept when I started, I didn't want to model a "manga" style" character but rather a ...let's say "semi-realistic" one. (like FF games for example)
SO I added extra details and change several things to fit with the style I want. The face is really hard as I try to catch the Kusanagi's mood without doing a manga face.

I took a lot of references from the episodes, but here is the original design for everyone to know what it is.

86299702_o.jpg

And my HD sculpt (Don't take care of the hair, it's just a place holder for the low poly model.)

86299706_o.jpg

I always tweak things on the final low poly model such as proportions and shapes, but if something looks obviously wrong to you, let me know before I go further. :)

Please feel free to give any feedback or ask anything.

Replies