Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Joe Hill - Concept and 3D Artist

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
mistermojo polycounter lvl 6
Hi guys, I'm about to finish uni and just got my new site sorted out and was wondering if anyone could offer me a little feedback?

www.joehillart.co.uk

I also have a couple questions about my CV if anyone could help :)

Is it worth me adding my GCSE's and A-Levels to show other areas of knowledge etc?

Should I add a hobbies/interests section? I'm into a lot of other stuff so I want to show that I'm 'well rounded' but I don't want my CV to be too long (my old CV was a 3-page essay, something I'm trying to avoid).

Many thanks for any advice you can offer!

- Joe

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of the 'enlarged' pictures are the same size as the 'preview' images; the first two pictures in "Money Pit", for example. Overall, the larger images should be larger - at least 1k, if not 1280.

The textures in "Money Pit" are very noisy. Removing the high-frequency detail from the diffuse and leaving it only in the normal might be enough.

The Mako Airship could use some weathering - rust down the sides, verdigris on the bronze, etc. I'd also expect the circular pattern from the downdraft to be more visible under the rotors.
    150941.jpg
  • mistermojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mistermojo polycounter lvl 6
    DWalker wrote: »
    Some of the 'enlarged' pictures are the same size as the 'preview' images; the first two pictures in "Money Pit", for example. Overall, the larger images should be larger - at least 1k, if not 1280.

The textures in "Money Pit" are very noisy. Removing the high-frequency detail from the diffuse and leaving it only in the normal might be enough.

The Mako Airship could use some weathering - rust down the sides, verdigris on the bronze, etc. I'd also expect the circular pattern from the downdraft to be more visible under the rotors.

Great feedback, thanks :) I'm thinking of going back and improving on my earlier projects, and perhaps do some hard surface and prop stuff when I get more time. I think a big, new personal project is in order too, rather than just using Uni work.