Home Technical Talk

3ds max object scale to big.

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
is there an easy way to fix this, or even better a way to avoid this happening. its happened already several times already and kinda dents my workflow. any suggestions?

thanks and I appreciate it as always!

Replies

• SlyRipper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SlyRipper polycounter lvl 6
    Could you explain it a little bit more? Can't you scale your object to the size you want and accidently scaling it too much? Or what's your problem here?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As in the scene scale is too big or too small? In max 1 unit = 1 unreal unit and think the same is true for unity and most other engines. The only way to screw that up is to make things too big or too small, or muck around with the unit setup....

If you're talking about the actual scale of the object has gone wonky you can reset that from the Hierarchy panel "reset scale", or go nuclear and use the reset xform utility (not the modifier).

Which scale is causing problems, a specific object or the scene?

What scale are you trying to match?

Is it just a tools issue like you have the right scale but the input for tools is wonky like typing in a value of .000001 into extrude gives you 8 miles of polys when you only want a slight nudge?
  • Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    ah my bad its was this: "vertex coordinate too big adjust vertex scale" thast error would pop up when I would try to import the effected OBJ.

to fix it I imported to zbrush and then GOZ back into max. Id just like to know how to keep this from happening.

thanks guys!
  • steverupia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steverupia null
    Hi guys am also experiencing the same problem, any solid solution so far??? @ Rockley bonner! did u finally find a working solution? Please help
  • Vorte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vorte polycounter lvl 6
    Hi there,

I was having just the same problem and at the last moment before destroying my whole pc with the keyboard I found out the way;

export your model as FBX, (not OBJ)

import your model

now export as OBJ

B) 

• ZangZing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZangZing polycounter lvl 4
    Hey, I just got this error "vertex coordinate too big adjust vertex scale" while exporting my high poly to .obj.

I fixed this by resetting xForm on 2 objects I made recently (I used boolean to make them). So, that was my way to fix it.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    What version are you all using? What system units are you on?  Has anyone measured the affected meshes in real world units?