Home General Discussion

Far Cry 3 Expansion: Blood Dragon

Replies

• wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    Ok I just finished this game and I have to gush to those of you who worked on it. This was sincerely one of the most fun I've had in a game in YEARS! The humor, the music and the gameplay was soooooo fun! I love the references to all of those 80s songs and movies.

Spoilers ahead.

I was either smiling or laughing the entire time on this game. I have to say that the blood dragon mount was my absolute favorite moment in a video game ever! GAH! Fantastic work gentlemen! This has easily bumped itself up to one of my top 5 games. Too often recently do studios just take the games they put out too seriously and I love that you guys took a risk and just made something fun!
  • mystichobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    wester wrote: »

I was either smiling or laughing the entire time on this game. I have to say that the blood dragon mount was my absolute favorite moment in a video game ever! GAH! Fantastic work gentlemen! This has easily bumped itself up to one of my top 5 games. Too often recently do studios just take the games they put out too seriously and I love that you guys took a risk and just made something fun!

Oh man, that part was just perfect, from the second you walked into the room, and there were lasers flashing around, to the badass quotes (I shoot fucking lasers from my eyes!). Was really well done.

I just finished the game, it was great fun, my only crit was the cut scenes were a bit slow, I know it's trying to follow a kinda artistic style, but I didn't like having to wait an uncomfortable amount of time to hear the next person speak.
  • The Lama
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Lama polycounter lvl 5
    Just finished the game too, I agree with the last part being great. It's been a long time since I've laughed out loud at a video game before.
    Much preferred it to Far Cry 3. I know they're quite different but Blood Dragon was pure distilled fun.