Home Technical Talk

Highpoly pose

So I am sending a model of mine to get printed and i need to now pose it for the printer...

the issue is that my SSD got corrupted :( and left me with my videogame Lowpoly .obj version and my Highpoly .obj that i xnormaled with.
I tried to rig my HP version with zspheres but i get weird particles and that same goes with using transpose. The way I usually pose is using my Lowest subdivision and pose that but since I am stuck with Very low and very high I can't do that.

Is there a way to set my LP model as my HP model's subdivision?
Or whats the best way to pose my HP model. FYI im dealing with about 7mil

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    can't you reconstruct your highpoly?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    If the highpoly mesh can't be reconstructed (ie: dynameshed or decimated), then you could duplicate the tool and use either dynamesh with a lower resolution, qremesher, or some general zsphere retopology to create a basic low poly version (if you have an external 3d modeling app, you could probably save some time by modifying the low poly mesh you created). The result from either doesn't have to be fancy, you just need something basic that covers the general shape including digits like the fingers. Then you can use tool: subtool: project all, subdivide the mesh, project all again, subdivide, project all, and repeat the process gradually project the detail from the sculpt to the newer mesh.

Eventually you should have a subtool that looks identical, but has several subdivision levels.

If the UVs on your game mesh are ok I suppose you could also try baking a displacement map and seeing how well that can be applied
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    i didn't mean dynamesh. if it is a highpoly, based on a basemesh, exported to obj you can reconstruct the subdivision levels in the geometry tab