[CE3] Sci-fi Machine Room

Replies

• AkiRa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AkiRa polycounter lvl 6
    @Zepic:
    Thanks man! Glad I could motivate you! :D
    And yep, I'am really learning a lot atm!

Alright I made a quick try.
    Do you think this is more like the direction I should go?

Editor2013032601425374.jpg
    Editor2013032601424159.jpg
    Editor2013032601424918.jpg

But I also have to say that I really liked the lighting I had but you both got some really good points so I'll definatley try to improve it! I think the lighting I had is okay from the visual aspect but really crappy from the technical aspect isn't it? :D
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Honestly, it's not that bad and I think that if you keep at it it has a lot of potential. I like this newest update but I really really want to know why youre set on those color lights. Also the fact you want this to be the best it can be and are finishing it means that if you continue doing that you could go far.
  • AkiRa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AkiRa polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you!
    The colored lights are just there because I've read some time ago that white lights are the worst you can have in scene...so I thought I take colored ones. Also I love that blue, mass effect-esque lighting. :D
    Further I think you can set highlights way better with colored lights instead of pure whites.
    The reason why I want to finish this, is that on 8th April my study starts and I want to fully concentrate on it so I think its better to have no "active" projects stand out then if this makes any sense...

Okay, I've tweaked the lights a bit more and made them almost white with a slight blueish tint so they're not fully blue anymore.

Editor2013032614221623.jpg

Editor2013032614215012.jpg

C&C is really appreciated! :D
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AkiRa wrote: »
    Thank you!
    The colored lights are just there because I've read some time ago that white lights are the worst you can have in scene...so I thought I take colored ones. Also I love that blue, mass effect-esque lighting. :D
    Further I think you can set highlights way better with colored lights instead of pure whites.
    The reason why I want to finish this, is that on 8th April my study starts and I want to fully concentrate on it so I think its better to have no "active" projects stand out then if this makes any sense...

Okay, I've tweaked the lights a bit more and made them almost white with a slight blueish tint so they're not fully blue anymore.

C&C is really appreciated! :D
    I was referring specifically to the red lights, why red and not orange. And then you have yellow lights. Why those the rest were fine.
  • AkiRa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AkiRa polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks again, AlexCatMasterSupreme!

Okay, after I've tweaked all the stuff again today, after about 4 weeks, I'am calling this DONE! :D

Sure, there is a lot of stuff which I could've done better but I learned really a lot during this project and so my next one will get better!
    I want to say THANK YOU to all of you guys here at Polycount since you gave me great critiques and were super awesome helpful! THANKS!

Okay, enough talking, here are the final shots:

SCMR03.jpg
    SCMR04.jpg
    SCMR08.jpg
    SCMR07.jpg
    SCMR01.jpg
    SCMR02.jpg
    SCMR05.jpg
    SCMR06.jpg

I know its far, far away from perfect but I'am fairly happy with how it turned out.

Thanks again to all of you! :)
  • Stormfreek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic work dude, as I said before inspirational to all artists, I expect great things from you! Well done!
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • AkiRa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AkiRa polycounter lvl 6
  • AndiSenior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just one comment: WOW :thumbup::thumbup:
    I hope I can reach only 20% of your abilities at some time or another...
  • KennyTies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dude its been a while since Ive checked this thread and I must say the final outcome turned out great! The lighting, the textures, the low polys all awesome!
  • AkiRa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AkiRa polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks a lot guys! I'am really glad you like it! :D