Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE – The Beryllium Gang – TeamCosmoBear

Replies

• KennyTies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really excited to see you guys finished. And thank you so much for all the technical info you gave me about your texturing process, I appreciate it so much! Cant wait to see what you guys bring after the contest! Good luck!
  • Lilith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One of my favorites from very begining. Look great, I love the style, design and colors... well, everything )
    Congrats and good luck
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Just wanted to pop on and say thank you for all of the kind words. We had a lot of fun working on this and will be doing more in the future together. Lilith your entry is looking great as well. Definitely some good stuff.
  • homes44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really dig the style and idea, great stuff!
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Ryan! Your entry turned out great as well. The hand painted texture work was really nice. :)
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    I'm sooo glad you guys did submit! This entry really tickles my Ratchet-and-Clank pickle :D Now I have an urge to play one of those again! Or your game if make one :)

Really great entry! A lot of artistry went into that and that's the most important thing to me! Keep rocking, I hope you get one of dem metal balls :D
  • Danglebob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Danglebob polycounter lvl 15
    This has been one of my favorites since the beginning! Congrats on finishing!
  • Lilith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I forgot to say that as a russian girl I just love your avatars :)) Coolest russian bear astronauts ever! :-D
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome Lilith! :)

d1ver, thanks. Your guys entry was a hefty amount of work. Execution was aces.
  • Neoncypher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neoncypher polycounter lvl 9
    Loved this since the first concept - excellent work guys!
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, I know that Jason and I plan to continue working on development of this world we began with the ESCAPE contest. I wanted to post on here and see what people's thoughts were about this. Is there anything that you'd like to see happen?...more aliens...more settings...more concepts (Nik does an awesome job!). I know we were talking about hitting up some of the other aliens that we had in our initial concept designs. We had a lot of fun making the entry and just don't want to let it go by the way side. I have some ideas jotted down for some different settings that could be fun. We will see where it takes us. Thanks again to all who left us kind words on the thread. We do appreciate it.
  • Orb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orb polycounter lvl 13
    That final shot is awesome!! Such a great final. Just a bit disapointed by the hero facial expression, not alive enough. But this is looking killer though :p
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    Orb wrote: »
    That final shot is awesome!! Such a great final. Just a bit disapointed by the hero facial expression, not alive enough. But this is looking killer though :p

Thanks man! Facial expression and pose tweaking are definitely on the list of things to work on once we get a chance to get back to it. Chris and I have quite a few things to hit before we call it done and move onto new content.
    So, I know that Jason and I plan to continue working on development of this world we began with the ESCAPE contest. I wanted to post on here and see what people's thoughts were about this. Is there anything that you'd like to see happen?...more aliens...more settings...more concepts (Nik does an awesome job!). I know we were talking about hitting up some of the other aliens that we had in our initial concept designs. We had a lot of fun making the entry and just don't want to let it go by the way side. I have some ideas jotted down for some different settings that could be fun. We will see where it takes us. Thanks again to all who left us kind words on the thread. We do appreciate it.

I really want to work on the mole dude with the robotic leg. From an environment standpoint, exploring the interior of their hideout would be really cool. It might not have been clear from all our concept art and process, but the other side of the canyon(behind the camera of that first shot) is the entrance to a beryllium mine, which is where their hideout is located. Thus, the "Beryllium Gang". Would be cool to bring in some sci-fi saloon elements or something, a tech-y poker table, etc. We'll definitely make a new thread once voting is done and continue on in this universe.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    such consistent style and solid characters, great work!