Home General Discussion

More Online Courses like Gnomon

Does anyone know of more Gnomon Workshop style courses or online institutes?

Some place I can sign up for a one time course and certification type thing.

I'm already at uni for game design, but instead of just tutorials after tutorials, I want to be able to show I took a master course in character design or master class in motion graphics

Thanks

Replies

• HardBaller
    Offline / Send Message
    HardBaller polycounter lvl 7
    Think cgsociety has what you are looking for curzed.

Though Digital Tutors (where i'm learning myself atm) also has a great system + certificates. You could always take a look at the "tour".
  • curzed
    great! thanks so much
  • ceebee
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    I don't know why you just want to be able to show you took a master class. What really matters is your portfolio not that you followed along some class really well. Most online classes are basically going to be tutorials that require you to do homework, but you should really get into the habit of taking what you learn from classes or tutorials and applying them to personal work to really challenge yourself. Plus, nobody really cares where you went to school or what programs you took, they judge you moreso based on your quality of work and ability to work with limited handholding.

That being said, in addition to what HardBaller recommended there's Eat3d, Futurepoly, and ZBrushworkshops.