Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

half dude in marmoset toolbag

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
kolayamit polycounter lvl 13
Half dude render in Marmoset toolbag, used Maya, Zbrush and Photshop.
marmoset_render.jpg

Replies

• kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    half dude head sculpt..
    CharacterStrip_half_dude_head.jpg
  • Stubbs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stubbs polycounter lvl 17
    Nice, solid work. Looks like there are some excess lines on his left arm. May just be a UV issue. Looks good though.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stubbs wrote: »
    Nice, solid work. Looks like there are some excess lines on his left arm. May just be a UV issue. Looks good though.
    Thanks man..actually it was a lighting issue in Marmoset Toolbag, that I wasn't able to fix.
  • DylanDon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey There!,

Nice work so far. The head proportions are a bit off. Eye to top of head should be longer(eyeline=mid point of head)

Cheers,
    Dylan
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DylanDon wrote: »
    Hey There!,

Nice work so far. The head proportions are a bit off. Eye to top of head should be longer(eyeline=mid point of head)

Cheers,
    Dylan
    Thank you, yeah they are a little bit off.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Heya! I did a quick liquify on that head render to show what I'd tweak to make him look a little more realistic/appealing.
    kolayamit_liquify.gif
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heya! I did a quick liquify on that head render to show what I'd tweak to make him look a little more realistic/appealing.
    kolayamit_liquify.gif
    Thanks for doing that ScoobyDoofus, it looks cool. However i wanted my piece to be stylized, will also admit that i rushed things a little missing the proportions and the cloth folds.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    kolayamit wrote: »
    Thanks for doing that ScoobyDoofus, it looks cool. However i wanted my piece to be stylized, will also admit that i rushed things a little missing the proportions and the cloth folds.

stylizing =/= missing human anatomy
    if you are doing a human character, stylized or not, the eyes need to go in the center of the head or everything looks wrong. You also need the basic form of the skeleton underneath or the face will begin to not look right. Saying its stylized isn't really a reason not to have those basic points in. I also checked your website and your previous character suffers from these same anatomy issues, ie eyes not in center, not enough room for brain, and cheek bones to low. Something worth thinking about in my opinion.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER wrote: »
    stylizing =/= missing human anatomy
    if you are doing a human character, stylized or not, the eyes need to go in the center of the head or everything looks wrong. You also need the basic form of the skeleton underneath or the face will begin to not look right. Saying its stylized isn't really a reason not to have those basic points in. I also checked your website and your previous character suffers from these same anatomy issues, ie eyes not in center, not enough room for brain, and cheek bones to low. Something worth thinking about in my opinion.
    Thank you very much for pointing that out...I will keep this things in my mind when I am approaching a character for my future projects. Thank you very much to every one pointing my mistakes. To be honest I wouldn't figured out my mistakes if I didn't posted my works in the forums. I thought my works were cool at some level, now i know they pretty much suck, so much to work on.
    I am a Character Texture Artist trying hard to become a Character Artist. This feedbacks are so important for me man, please keep them coming.