Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kingdom Death art

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
CataFa polycounter lvl 11
Hello everybody,

back with some new images. This time some miniatures sculpting for a board game called Kingdom Death. The author of the game is currently running a campaign on kickstarter so if you like board games, miniatures or cool models in general go take a look: Kingdom Death
And here are the images :)

Pin-up survivor
kod_pinup_survivor_printed.jpg
kod_pinup_survivor.jpg

Female armor kit
kod_armorkit_female_posed.jpg
kod_armorkit_female_ortho.jpg

Male armor kit
kod_armorkit_male_posed.jpg
kod_armorkit_male_ortho.jpg

Replies

• Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    I love the modeling and rendering. These look like they're gonna be really cool. I'm assuming that you don't have to texture them since they are going to be 3d printed? Will they be painted when you buy them or will they all get the same paint job when they are manufactured?

My only complaint is that the female character is the perfect example of the cliche of women in games... Super exaggerated female curves. Boobies.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    the strap across the chest on the pin-up is conforming to the surface change in an unrealistic way - it looks like it gets glued down to her rib-cage under her boobs...i suppose that's probably a restriction of making a miniature, though.

also, i feel like the pose of the armored male with his sword up is a little effeminate in it's stance. I feel like it's a mid-motion pose, but it's not exaggerated enough and it looks a little like he's posing for a swim-suit shot in the way his feet ar planted.

awesome work all around, though.
  • phobalien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    phobalien polycounter lvl 6
    Hi guys, thanks for the kind words and critics first of all! It was cool to work on the project and we hope to have soon more to do on it... is doing damn well on Kickstarter so it is most likely going to happen!

@Moosebish
    yes you guessed right, they don't get any texture job on the 3d model..sadly! they are usually shipped in unpainted resin. Regarding the body shapes and proportions... you are right she is over exaggerated in "curves" it was really important for the commissioner that I matched the style of the other females in the game. Check the other cool concepts on the game site and you will have an overdose of boobs!

@reverendk
    the strap on the chest is indeed intentionally pulled down for printing/casting reason. Sadly working with small miniatures we have that kind of constrains all over the models in different areas. where possible we had to fill gaps or make everything thicker and avoid some shapes. Is it still possible to have elaborate poses and crazy details of course but that takes the direction of more expensive approaches in production that will rise the price of the final product unless thousands of copies are made and sold!
    On the guy... actually yes, from that angle his legs position don't make him really masculine :D when seen from other angle though should work!
  • phobalien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    phobalien polycounter lvl 6
    Hey everybody! Less than 2 hours to pledge for Kingdom death: Monster on Kickstarter from our friend Poots! Go and be part of the family if you like what you see here or on the kickstarter page:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster
    lets see if we unveil also the last sculpture :D
  • Sal